What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

multiple destination destination map focused app??

callagga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a "map focused" iPad to plan multiple destinations trips. Some notes re what I'm looking for:
* something like Google Maps on Web, but multiple destination (noting Google maps on IOS doesn't seem to allow multiple destinations)
* simple map based, or search based approach to add a destination, i.e. no need for mandatory additional fields like a lot of apps require
* not focused around trying to get you to book cars, hotels etc
* shows simple/short view/summary of the legs of the journey and distance/travel time
* visually show what leg of the journey a particular marked road is for (i.e. sometimes you use the same roads on a multiple destination map)

OP
C

callagga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
having a look at it...still don't find it really focused around what I'm searching for...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Motion X HD is pretty good at setting up waypoints, but it's not driving directions focused. Motion X GPS HD is driver focused, but doesn't do waypoints very well, if at all. I couldn't figure it out. Those are the only apps I have the 'might' do what you want.

You might want to try searching for trip planning apps instead of map apps. Perhaps there will be something more useful to you in that category. Not that I've looked. Just a random thought while I was typing the mostly useless first paragraph.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another suggestion is to look at tyretotravel, which is coming to iOS. TyreToTravel -

I use tyretotravel to create segmented routes with my old Tomtom.

Most reactions

Latest posts