What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple app store/itune accounts for one ipad?

cswanson69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you will soon find out, I am a complete ipad newbie (2 months). I have a 16gig wifi/cellular retina. When we got it our son (ipad,iphone) came over and set it up so that we accessed his account in app store/itunes so that we could share the apps/music that he has purchased. So, whenever we go to the app store or itunes we enter his password. I would like to set this up so that we have a choice between his account and one in just our "name". I do have my own apple ID. The online help manual is a little fuzzy about this. Does this make any sense to anybody?

Thanks for any help.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go I to the App Store and simply log out of his account, then log in with your own. When one of the apps from his account requires updating, you will be prompted for his password.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes you can have multiple accounts for one ipad its very convinient to use :thumbs:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The downside to having multiple accounts on one iPad is that if you purchase apps or any other content, it can only be updated or re-installed if you are signed into the same iTunes account as was used to purchase the item.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cswanson69 said:
OK thanks. Is there a consensus on the best beginner book for ipad?

I do not know about consensus but you can get Apple's IPad Guide free at the Apple bookstore.

Attachments

• image-1282630102.jpg
    image-1282630102.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 327
OP
C

cswanson69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did download and print this out but was unable to find answers to my last couple questions in it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
greaneto said:
you can have multiple accounts for one ipad its very convinient to use

The only inconvenient part about having multiple account on one iPad is that any app updates have to be authorized with the same user ID that was used to download the apps originally.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have 3 accounts Britain (UK) USA and Australia. So I can use Apple TV for renting movies and buying songs.I just have to switch accounts to buy using different ID's but same password

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts