What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple users on one ipad

ebonyknight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife bought an ipad and has installed apps to it. She loaned it to her brother who put apps on it under his itunes account. I have an itunes account as well and want to use the ipad.

She got a mac so she doesn't use it anymore. I want to use it and have her itunes password and synced it to her mac. I don't have her brother's account. I don't care about syncing his apps, but I want to delete his apps from the ipad.

How can I tell which apps on the ipad correspond to which itunes account? I want to delete his only, keeping my wifes, but don't see a way to tell the difference.

Is there?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't have any good answers for you, but either of these should work, though they may be a bit tedious.

First, if there aren't that many apps, and they are all synced to iTunes: Open iTunes and select the App under the Library list. You can right click on each app and choose Get Info. The name of the purchaser will be listed in the Summary tab. It is more than possible that only her apps will be in this library to begin with, but no guarantees.

Second, also in iTunes: (You need your wife's account and permission to do this) Go to the iTunes store. At the top right you will either see her iTunes account name, or a Sign In options. After signing it with her account, if necessary, click on the small arrow to the right of the account name (you won't see it until you mouse over it) and choose Account. You'll need her account password.

Choose Purchase History. You can now go through everything she has bought from the iTunes store. For older items you can tap the arrow icon at the left to expand the list.

You'll have to write things down, since iTunes does not allow copy paste, and there will be lots of duplicates since it lists not just the actual purchases but each time the app was updated for free.

If there is a better way to do this, I'll be happy to hear it.

The good news is that if you delete and app by accident you can just download it again for free.

Luck,

OP
E

ebonyknight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a work around, although it won't work for most. My wife doesn't sync or update the apps. So what I did was update all the apps (about 60 of 100) and canceled the login when it asked for my bro in law's account. It updated everything except his.

So I had a list of what to delete. I am sure I didn't get everything, but most.

Most reactions

Latest posts