What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various devices on one iTunes account

neilf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have an iPhone 4s and iPad 3 linked to the same iTunes account.

It's not a real problem but it can be a pain when i put apps and other bits on one device and iTunes automatically adds them to the other.

I will getting 2 iPad minis for my kids and wish to retain control over what they can download and more Importantly how much they can spend.

Is there any way I can separate these devices within my iTunes account so that downloads are individual to each device or am I better setting up additional accounts for the kids devices?.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have an iPhone 4s and iPad 3 linked to the same iTunes account. It's not a real problem but it can be a pain when i put apps and other bits on one device and iTunes automatically adds them to the other. I will getting 2 iPad minis for my kids and wish to retain control over what they can download and more Importantly how much they can spend. Is there any way I can separate these devices within my iTunes account so that downloads are individual to each device or am I better setting up additional accounts for the kids devices?. Cheers Neilf Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In settings, you can stop iTunes from automatically downloading apps and music:

image-3892512431.jpg

As for limiting how much your kids spend and download, that's up to you. You can disable the App Store and in-app purchases through
Settings > General > Restrictions (set pass code) and turn off App Store and in-app purchases ---

image-400470251.jpg

Most reactions