What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moving apps from one ipad to another

doreenh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im pretty new at all this. I have an ipad and some apps , now want to go to the 3g ipad and I am concerned that I will lose the apps I have purchased already. what would the procedure be ? Thanks for your help.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are associated with your iTunes account. So when you register your new 3G to the same account and hook it up to your iTunes, it will just download everything to your new device the same way you had it on your other device.

It's no different than say, you having an iPad and your spouse having an iPad on the same account like my wife and I. You can make individual settings for each (such as what syncs automatically if anything at all) but ultimately, anything you've gotten through iTunes is going to be in your iTunes account and available for your new iPad.

iWags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did exactly what you want to do....went from wifi to 3G. Worked flawlessly! Didn't lose one app! No worries!

OP
D

doreenh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks ! Now I can keep spending money :ipad-keyboard:

Most reactions