What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies, old and new

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sore!

I have three lines of bruises, one for each blooming step! Kids laughed their heads off the buggars!

The top step was slippery from all that rain on Friday and my foot just went from under me!

I didn't get much sympathy from my kids either!

You know every time you mention The Adjustment Bureau, I keep thinking of an old favourite of mine, The Assassination Bureau with Oliver Reed, Diana Rigg and Telly Savalas in it! Classic film, loads of laughs and the sexual innuendo between Oliver and Diana was brilliant. I love the old movies. The ticking clock, the exploding sausage etc... Classic British film fare! Anyone else seen it?

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Last edited:

CRJ86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
crjakes.blogspot.com
No, but that's a great cast. Two Bond vets (Rigg and Savalas from On Her Majesty's Secret Service) and a potential James Bond from that same movie (Reed). They passed on him because of his boisterous private life. Might check this one out.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
C.R.Jakes said:
No, but that's a great cast. Two Bond vets (Rigg and Savalas from On Her Majesty's Secret Service) and a potential James Bond from that same movie (Reed). They passed on him because of his boisterous private life. Might check this one out.

Am a great Bond fan, didn't know Oliver Reed was ever in the running. You learn something new every day with iPF.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oliver reed as bond! Hmmm! I can see that! I wonder how much more he could have achieved without all that nonsense. I still remember the interview with, I think, Parkinson, and he was drunk as the lord. He was pretty powerful stuff in is youth! I loved him! Real bad boy! But gorgeous! His role as Bill Sykes in Oliver was terrifying for me as a kid!

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oliver reed as bond! Hmmm! I can see that! I wonder how much more he could have achieved without all that nonsense. I still remember the interview with, I think, Parkinson, and he was drunk as the lord. He was pretty powerful stuff in is youth! I loved him! Real bad boy! But gorgeous! His role as Bill Sykes in Oliver was terrifying for me as a kid!

I remember the interview, so embarrassing for a great actor to present himself in such a way with the magnificent Parkinson.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've read up about him and apparently he played up the drunkeness for the producers of these talk shows. Don't know how true that was! I used to watch channel 4's The Word and they used to put booze in is dressing room and watch him getting drunk.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I watched Sabrina with Harrison Ford and then had to watch the older version with Humphrey Bogart. Classic!
Any old films Shahinul? Gab?

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I watched Sabrina with Harrison Ford and then had to watch the older version with Humphrey Bogart. Classic!
Any old films Shahinul? Gab?

Grease & Grease 2. Watched them both the other day. Also watched The Great Escape for the 100 millionth time.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hubby's favourite film, for goodness sake don't tell him otherwise I'd have to watch it with him again! Must be a a male thing. I love Grease 1/2.

Last edited:

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Song of the South, Fantasia, all Mickey Mouse films from the 1920s, and ALL Technicolor IB releases.

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The outlaw Josey Wales, I'm a huge fan of Clint Eastwood. Can't wait to see J Edgar

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love the Disney films too. Any black and White movie as well.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watched the late great Norman Wisdom in On The Beat for the 50th time. A classic B&W film. Great laughs.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just went to see "Contagion" in IMAX at West Edmonton Mall. Great theatre with incredible picture and sound. The movie was garbage. Don't waste your money. Last time I'll trust IMDB.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just watched The wedding date and Failure to Launch. Such a romantic I am!

Most reactions

Latest posts