What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies in iCloud

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed a good amount of movies on iTunes aren't available for iCloud when purchased. Is this because Apple is still trying to integrate the vast amount of movies on iTunes or are some movies just destined to pc back-up only?

Sent from Latveria

OP
STeBoS

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zeke1 said:
It's probably like applications: they only back up on the computer to save you iCloud space. If you had a bunch of movies it would eat up all your room :p

I was under the impression that if you purchased one of these movies it would not show up in purchases for redownload. The only way you could get it back would be syncing to iTunes on pc. Is this not the case?

Sent from Latveria

Last edited:

Zeke1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
What I mean is that it probably is saved to iCloud as it's "there" but when you restore your iPad it will download it from iTunes again. I honestly don't know because I don't buy many movies on iTunes, so it probably would be better to see what someone else has to say. It probably is only local PC backup though.

OP
STeBoS

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zeke1 said:
What I mean is that it probably is saved to iCloud as it's "there" but when you restore your iPad it will download it from iTunes again. I honestly don't know because I don't buy many movies on iTunes, so it probably would be better to see what someone else has to say. It probably is only local PC backup though.

Thanks. It has stopped me from buying a few movies because I'm on the go frequently and don't have access to my pc. Being able to download these movies on the road is a major selling point. Never know when I'm going to need to kill an hour or two!

Sent from Latveria

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At the present time,movies in the cloud is only available in the United States.

Most reactions

Latest posts