What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unwanted movie download

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Months ago, I grabbed a free movie from iTunes. I watched it, then deleted it to reclaim space. Now, every time I launch iTunes on my iMac, the stupid movie starts to download again. I've tried marking it as watched, unchecking it, and deleting it, over and over, to no avail. How do I convince iTunes that I don't want this movie on any of my computers?

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

wayneljw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you "deleted it to reclaim space"? Did you just delete the physical file from the hard drive or use iTunes interface to remove the film?
the last time I had the same issue was about podcast videos. What I did was to let it finish downloading. And use iTunes to delete (instead of deleting the physical file from the hard drive).
If it still doesn't work, then I suggest you to reinstall iTunes.

rolledm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thaxs waybeljw for suggestion i find this reson of downloading moives, now i got my reason why that doing like that now i got it.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
wayneljw said:
How did you "deleted it to reclaim space"? Did you just delete the physical file from the hard drive or use iTunes interface to remove the film?

I highlighted the line in iTunes and chose Delete from the contextual menu. Sometimes it disappears, sometimes not. If it disappears, it always returns the next time iTunes is launched, and the download starts again.

Working with iTunes is like wrestling with a 500-pound moron.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Most reactions

Latest posts