What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is iCloud right for me............

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Forgive me if there is another post on this-I checked, and did not see one.

I am trying to weigh out the use of iCloud and whether it is something that I need. I understand some of icloud benefits from the posts here, but still have questions.

If I use dropbox to sync pictures and photos from my apple devices to my PC--do I really need the cloud?

I see that some of the clould service has been working when I buy an app for my ipad and than it wirelessly syncs the same thing to my ipod touch--that is cool and will continue that.

If I don't use the cloud to back up photos, apps, docs, music---will I still need to continue backing up my devices with itunes on PC?

I like to have everything on my ipad when I need it. I bought a 32 gb ipad which is plenty for me. I don't have any music on this device-that's why I have my ipod touch. Maybe have a few movies-but once I view, I will delete it so as to not take storage.

I am concerned that if I have everything on the cloud and I am somewhere with no wifi service it would not be of benefit to me.

Am I thinking right on this? :eek:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it's free as long as you don't go over the 5GB limit (which as a bonus doesn't include music, etc which has been purchased from iTunes) so, what do you have to lose......just give it a go.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Well it's free as long as you don't go over the 5GB limit (which as a bonus doesn't include music, etc which has been purchased from iTunes) so, what do you have to lose......just give it a go.

Thank you, gabriel1-I will give it whirl and see how it works! Thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts