What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most expensive App you have ever bought?

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I never did mention my own most expensive App...like many of you my most expensive is 'Pages' which I did think was quite expensive, and if I'm honest I think this will probably be the most I will ever spend on an App. But...we will see, with so many new Apps being released daily I suppose I can never say never. Especially with the release of 4oD within the next week, I am deffinitely planning to pay the price for this app!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am serisouly considering this I am just worried that it will be too laggy and frustrating. Does it work well over wifi?

Yes, it works fine. I only have WiFi, and a MiFi 2200 Hot Spot.

After looking round the App store I have found an App that is exactly the same as LogMeIn but it is Free. It's called 'TeamViewer FREE' they do offer a paid one for £79.99 but there is no difference between the free and the paid App the only reason you would need to buy the fee paying app is if you are using it for commercial use, but I find that this App is exactly what I am looking for and is great! Saved myself £17.99! Thanks for your info about it!
Try SplahTop if it's available in the UK.
It's an excellent remote.

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Try SplahTop if it's available in the UK.
It's an excellent remote.

Yes it is available, looks very interesting and form the reviews look secure, smooth and an all round great app! The low price is alsoa great bargain! But TeamViewer really is perfect, and not only that it is completely FREE with no adds or restrictions etc.

crabbypilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It wasn't for the iPad, but I bought Logten Mobile for the iPhone. i think it was 39.99 or 49.99. What is that you ask? It's a logbook program for pilots. Made my life much easier so it was money well spent.

ipadreview

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think mine was around $29.99. I thought it was a little ridiculous but I needed to review it. You can get garageband and iMovie on the iPad 2 for $4.99 which I think is good if you already don't own a Mac, but if you do then its pointless....

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I think mine was around $29.99. I thought it was a little ridiculous but I needed to review it. You can get garageband and iMovie on the iPad 2 for $4.99 which I think is good if you already don't own a Mac, but if you do then its pointless....

What was your App that was $29.99? I do agree, that is quite expensive for an App and I would probably not be willing to pay that much!

Yes iMovie on iPad 2 really is one of the main reasons I want the iPad 2 and at $4.99 it really is a good deal!

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
It wasn't for the iPad, but I bought Logten Mobile for the iPhone. i think it was 39.99 or 49.99. What is that you ask? It's a logbook program for pilots. Made my life much easier so it was money well spent.

That is it, if it makes your life easier and you use it on a daily basis then it really is money well spent no matter how much the cost is!

It's that initial thought of buying it and getting enough courage to go through with it, that's what always gets me when I buy Apps

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
It was documents to go premium for me at $16.99.

Do you find that this product was worth that much? Do you use it enough to make that price worthwhile?

I probably wouldn't spend this much on an App, unless I knew it was going to be completely worth it and that I would get my use out of it!

Why did you decide on 'DocsToGo' instead of 'iWorks' Pages etc?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got DocsToGo too and it's well worth the price. You can edit Office documents and it will wirelessly sync the result directly with the host PC.

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan, I am presuming that you wouldn't use Pages to initiate documents, and that is why you like docs to go, correct?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan, I am presuming that you wouldn't use Pages to initiate documents, and that is why you like docs to go, correct?

Sent from my iPad using iPF
I have both and like them both. If Pages had more sharing options I'd use it more as most of what I write must move quickly. I must also correct documents. Pages has evolved quite a bit in connectivity but not fast enough. It used to be that you had to connect through iTunes to get documents out with formatting respected.

To write a novella pages is okay, bigger texts will get you into trouble quickly.

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iv bought a few apps which were £2.99. I think 1 was splashtop.

I usually wait for things to go down in price to 59p lol.

I got dungeon hunter 1 and 2 on the iPad for 59p each awhile back :D

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts