What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stanza and Kindle Apps

dudleyrose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using a few of the book reading apps and really like Stanza the best for 2 reasons. First, it is the most customizable and allows me to set up the reading screen the best. Second, and this is the most significant, it has hyphenation, which makes reading at full justification quite nice.

The Kindle app is not as customizable and doesn't have either a dictionary or hyphenation yet. But it's not bad, either. Since Amazon bought the company that makes the Stanza app, it's more than a little hard to figure out what they are thinking for product trajectories. I know it's all complicated. There's a lot of reasonable suspicion that Amazon bought the Stanza people (Lexcycle) to swallow up a major free book distributor. On the other hand, Lexcycle did just come out with a very good iPad version.

At this point I would like to be able to buy and read books from Amazon in Stanza. I would hope that Amazon might make that possible, or at least bring the Kindle App onto par with Stanza. Anyone have thoughhts or information about the future of these two apps?

ravynshadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't know that amazon bought stanza I do like the stanza app hope it doesn't affect it. B&N bought fictionwise I would like to see the bn app able to import fictionwise.com and ereader.com (also purchased by bn) books as I have a lot of ereader.com books and the app they have is iPhone and doesn't look that great on iPad.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The book I'm reading now is on Stanza and I like it very much.

As I see it(I may be wrong) the book providers for Stanza, mainly Smashwords and BooksOnBoard may not be using the same DRM scheme as Amazon. This may be a difficulty in porting Amazon books to Stanza.

Most reactions

Latest posts