What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most expensive App you have ever bought?

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Just wondering what the most expensive app you have ever bought is, and was it worth it?/what does it do?

I've heard the most expensive App is iRa Pro which is $899/£499 which is basically ridiculous, that's an iPad 2 + accessories. Would anyone ever consider paying this extortionate price for an App?

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe I paid $20.00 for an app. I don't remember which one it was.

As far as the cost of an app goes, that depends on how valuable it is to the user, and how much work it took to make and maintain.

Now on the Android side paying anything is considered too much. And so long as they continue to have that attitude, the Market will never top the App Store.

Then again with Amazons App Store giving away free paid apps daily like Sound Hound to Android users, maybe they are on to something. :confused:

Sorry it wasn't my intent to drag this into another Market vs App Store thread. Just making some observations. To get back on track it just depends on the app itself. I definitely will never buy another browser now that I know iPad won't let you make the purchased one default. I consider my purchase of Atomic Browser a total waste of money. Not the devs fault, that's Apple's fault.

Berghammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OmniFocus

OmniFocus - US$ 39.95 (task management)

Invaluable for me, but fills a somewhat specialized need. I suspect most people would be perfectly happy with one of several free alternatives

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
OmniFocus - US$ 39.95 (task management)

Invaluable for me, but fills a somewhat specialized need. I suspect most people would be perfectly happy with one of several free alternatives

I always find that free alternatives are just as good as the paid apps usually. I mean if an app offers a paid one and a free one they both usually do the same tasks, the only difference is that on the free app you get alot of adverts etc.

Reaction score
$6 for istorage. Yes it was worth it to me.
I don't mind paying for apps on Android either and wish more developers on both OS's would do more try before buy versions. A full use app that lasts a certain amount if time is how they have gotten the most money out of me. After the trial expires I either have already deleted it or am going to buy the full version, some I didn't even wait for the trial to end.
Fwiw I've paid for more apps on Android than Apple. Both have lots of free ones available if you don't mind ads
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought all of iworks which came to about £19 and also pocket informant hd

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I believe I paid $20.00 for an app. I don't remember which one it was.

As far as the cost of an app goes, that depends on how valuable it is to the user, and how much work it took to make and maintain.

To get back on track it just depends on the app itself. I definitely will never buy another browser now that I know iPad won't let you make the purchased one default. I consider my purchase of Atomic Browser a total waste of money. Not the devs fault, that's Apple's fault.

Don't you feel that although certain apps are extremely valuable to users that if you looked arround the App Store carefully you would find exactly what you are looking for alot cheaper or even free? I find this does work for me sometimes.

Your browser comment also brings up another issue, unlike in iTunes where you can have a small smaple of what you are going to buy there is no way of getting a sample of what you are going to buy in the App store. There should be some sort of trial, to see if the application is right for you or not, don't you agree?

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I bought all of iworks which came to about £19 and also pocket informant hd

iWorks is definitely worth the money, I have bought the pages app which really is invaluable to me! I don't think the iPad would function in the same way without iWorks.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a pocket informant lite which is free so I knew that this was what I was looking for but you are right, there should be more lite versions to try before you buy. I think one of our moderators said that you can use it for, I don't know 10/15 mins then ask apple for refund but this might not be the case now.

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I wish more developers on both OS's would do more try before buy versions. A full use app that lasts a certain amount if time is how they have gotten the most money out of me. After the trial expires I either have already deleted it or am going to buy the full version, some I didn't even wait for the trial to end.

I completely agree, it should be the same as iTunes where you get a sample of what your about to purchase, I feel that you should be able to get a complete working sample of the App you are about to purchase.

OP
Brindley

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
There is a pocket informant lite which is free so I knew that this was what I was looking for but you are right, there should be more lite versions to try before you buy. I think one of our moderators said that you can use it for, I don't know 10/15 mins then ask apple for refund but this might not be the case now.

Yes I'm glad you agree, there should be a 'try before you buy' option.

I do however highly doubt that you would be able to ask apple for a refund on a App. You would have to contact them through e-mail and by the time they had read it and replied the 10/15 minutes would be up. But I'm not sure...

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, yes, I also bought a map of south west England 1:50 which is better than the default one you get on iPad. It was about £14/£16 at the time but now it's £9. I have 250 apps now so I dread to think how much I have spent over the year.

Most reactions

Latest posts