What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moshi screen protector feedback request

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Online you never know what review is real or not. Can someone who has used them personally chime in. Does this feel tacky and have drag like a Zagg? Is there a gap in between protector and screen like on a life proof case? Thanks for the feedback.

Tapatalk'd / iPad Mini

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have it for my ipad....yet, but I have the Moshi on my iPhone and do not feel that drag that I had with the Zagg protector.

I am very pleased with the Moshi. Very easy to install. No bubbles-on in seconds. You can remove and reuse it. It can be washed with a little soap and water and when let airdry, the stickiness returns. The plastic is a rigid plastic and not the flimsy one that most are. The thickness is minimally noticed on around the home button. I have a a griffin cover for my phone. Taking if off and on does not peel the edges like the zag did. I once had a speck of lint under my screen protector. I removed the protector and used a piece of scotch tape to pick the lint off before putting it back on.

There is no gap between the screen protector and the glass.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product and will probably get one for my iPad. I bought the Moshi Crystal clear one.

I bought mine at amazon for about $18.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
Inked adrenaline

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have it for my ipad....yet, but I have the Moshi on my iPhone and do not feel that drag that I had with the Zagg protector.

I a very pleased with the Moshi. Very easy to install. No bubbles-on in seconds. You can remove and reuse it. It can be washed with a little soap and water and when let airdry, the stickiness returns. The plastic is a rigid plastic and not the flimsy one that most are. The thickness is minimally noticed on around the home button. I have a a griffin cover for my phone. Taking if offand on does not peel the edges like the zag did. I once had a speck of lint under my screen protector. I removed the protector and used a piece of scotch tape to pick the lint off before putting it back on.

There is no gap between the screen protector and the glass.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product and will probably get one for my iPad. I bought the Moshi Crystal clear one.

I bought mine at amazon for about $18.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much, both questions answered. I was mainly concerned with if there was a gap like the life proof because that drove me crazy. thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you very much, both questions answered. I was mainly concerned with if there was a gap like the life proof because that drove me crazy. thanks

Glad it helped and definitively no gap between the two. You will be pleased with your purchase!

Oh and one thing...you will read about a rainbow glare that people write about. It is indeed there when the device is turned off. You will see a streak of it down the middle. However, once your device is on--you can't see it.

So don't let that worry you if you happen to read that in your reviews! :)

Last edited:

MEdwards

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got one for my new iPad. Overall, I do not like it.

It goes on easily, much easier than the Zagg, and it seems designed for removal and reattachment if desired. I had no problem using the touch screen with the Moshi installed.

On the other hand, the screen (I got the matte one to reduce reflections) visually dulls the edges of text and eliminates the critical sharpness that is the main feature of the retina display. This should have been obvious to me, since that's what matte does, but I did not expect the effect to be so extreme. Further, the screen attracts dust like mad (static charge on the screen, I suppose) and requires constant wiping (which causes static charge, etc etc). Third, I removed the screen, and the dust was instantly attracted to the adhesive side of the border, which will make it harder to reattach. I feel the Moshi protector was a waste of money.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't buy the Moshi Matte finish-based on the reviews I read. I had a matte finished protector before (not Moshi) and didn't care for the texture or viewing experience I had.

What I bought was the Moshi XT (Crystal Clear) one for my phone. Have not experience dust on it. I do wipe it clean frequently and it looks new as ever. I have had to take it off once as mentioned from the previous post and did not experience the dust collecting on the sticky side.

Sorry for your experience, Medwards-I can see how that could be frustrating.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I too have the Moshi XT on my iphone and can recommend the product.

OP
Inked adrenaline

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too have the Moshi XT on my iphone and can recommend the product.

Thanks, I've ordered one for the mini. I ordered the clear on for $28 shipped on eBay.

Skimonkey, do you think possibly if you had the clear one you would have been happier with it ?

Tapatalk'd / iPad Mini

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I've ordered one for the mini. I ordered the clear on for $28 shipped on eBay.

Skimonkey, do you think possibly if you had the clear one you would have been happier with it ?

Tapatalk'd / iPad Mini

Hi Inked....I do have the clear one and love it. I chose not to buy the Matte one, because of the negative reviews. Plus, I had a Matte screen (not Moshi) before, and didn't like the feel of it.

Glad yoi bought one-do you like it?:)

OP
Inked adrenaline

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Inked....I do have the clear one and love it. I chose not to buy the Matte one, because of the negative reviews. Plus, I had a Matte screen (not Moshi) before, and didn't like the feel of it.

Glad yoi bought one-do you like it?:)

Haven't received it yet. Will post my review shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got an xt on my ipad 3 and matte on my 4s. My 4s is for calls texts and emails so i wanted the matte for outside, my ipad is for everything else so i wamted the clear to not lose any of the retina display. I love them both. Way better than zagg, body guardz and ghost armor. Ive bought one for my dads ipad and daughters iphone and ipad. Awesome screen guards. Cant even tell there on there.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's good to hear about the Matte finished Moshi protectors. As I said earlier I was reluctant to get the Matte one because of the reviews. Also, with using some other matte finish protectors to me, it had a chalky feel to it which really bugged me!

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's good to hear about the Matte finished Moshi protectors. As I said earlier I was reluctant to get the Matte one because of the reviews. Also, with using some other matte finish protectors to me, it had a chalky feel to it which really bugged me!

The matte does have that grainy feel at first. Took me a few days to get used to it. At first it kinda bothered my fingers but now i dont notice the difference at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts