What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More than one ipad?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love reading your posts, KayKayKay. Your ideas and things you do on your ipads are great to know, seems very effective. I like what you do with when making a Keynote presentation-very clever!

Thanks, skimonkey.

I've really gotten my money's worth out of my iPads and am really glad I didn't hesitate to buy from the get-go.

Traquy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We don't have one yet, but plan to buy a 64g New iPad for my husband, and a now cheaper iPad 2 16g for DD and her educational games. I will use whichever is available.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to say that I would not like sharing my Ipad with my husband. I have lots and lots of content on mine in Goodreader, several note taking apps, other apps. Though we share apps we certainly don't have the same ones on our Ipads --nor books either. Its strictly his and hers here LOL. I bought him his in August 2010 after i had had mine since May. I added the Ipad 3 Friday because I would say I'm close to a ”power user" of the Ipad if there is such and he does tend to use it more as "consumer". So we have 3 Ipads and he doesn't feel a need for the 3. It was a need for me, altho' the two would have also. likely have sufficed. My original Ipad 1 is now strictly for music though. Its non-3G but since we have wifi so many places in my area I rarely needed it and have it on. the 3 primarily for emergenciesand travel.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use wifi unless I know its security setup and who else is on the network, so I wouldn't buy an iPad without 3G (or 4G). I don't care to tether or use my-fi, either.

My husband barely uses his iPad (leaves it permanently in the kitchen and uses it only to stream audio while cooking), so wifi worKs for him. He doesn't have any content on his iPad other than what I've put on there, so borrowing his is no prob.

L

Lunar

The wife has my old iPad 1 64/3g and I've bought the new iPad3 64/4G so 2 iPads in this household, I also have a Android Galaxy tablet too. TBH we have far too many toys, I spend a fortune on upgrading my PC every 18mths or so, and we have 2 laptops and a Acer notebook, none of which gets used that much, PC & ipads being the exception. I think the old saying...more money than sense springs to mind..lol. What is likely surprising is that we are both pensioners in late sixties, though I did have a computer business for many years and still do a fair bit of programming (C/C++ & SQL + web design, currently playing around with Apples SDK tools for doing own apps) though admittedly more of a hobby these days.
:)
Even in old age.. your never too old to enjoy yourself, it's important to keep the mind active even if the body is less able, and of course if yourv'e worked hard for 50yrs you should have managed to accrue a little cash so you can afford one's toys, if you haven't by our age it's unlikely you ever will...lol so yes, I love my toys and cars for that matter & still do a lot of on-line gaming too on the PC & PS3's, IOW being in sane mind, I spent it all before snuffing it.. :D

As for use, well the iPads are mainly used for web browsing when away from PC's, I also have about 38 of our favourite films installed which come in handy when away on holidays which is often. I also use my iPad for online game chat using Teamspeak when I'm playing games online. I also like the convenience of just being able to have a quick browse on the web when relaxing on the settee, or for streaming live TV etc. In addition my wife also enjoys playing her daft games on hers, she has quite a few installed, such as Scrabble, Yahtzy, chess, card games etc.. it keeps her happy, tho she uses our 2nd ps3 and her Nintendo 3DS for gaming too, and remember wer'e nearly 70ys of age..lol... the grand-kids love it when they visit...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear you on having many gadgets. (For me, many gadgets, not enough time. But what would be "enough"?)

Along with my iPads, I have laptop, netbooks, iPhone, touch, Kindle Fire, Kindle e-ink reader. Thing is, new, tempting stuff keeps emerging. I don't buy unless I think I'll get my money's worth. For example, I used my Kindle e-ink reader plenty, but that was for a long while before iPad existed. And I used my netbooks plenty in their day, but I wouldn't buy one now, because iPads have taken their place.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use wifi unless I know its security setup and who else is on the network, so I wouldn't buy an iPad without 3G (or 4G). I don't care to tether or use my-fi, either.

My husband barely uses his iPad (leaves it permanently in the kitchen and uses it only to stream audio while cooking), so wifi worKs for him. He doesn't have any content on his iPad other than what I've put on there, so borrowing his is no prob.

I agree with you, Kay. I think my next iPad will be 3G for the security. Currently, I lug around my mifi, but eventually when I am ready for a new one-the 3G or 4g will be the way to go.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

I like knowing I can remote wipe it too.

harveyronn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadhut.co.uk
More than one ipad?? I just get my first one before some days ago. Its hard to listen that some people having so many Apples product. As far as money consult, how they manage it with using its so costly data plans. Its really big thing for me regarding ipad's costs for pay it regularly.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I could use a second iPad for sure. Often, I want to refer to data on one machine while working on another. Right now, I use my iPhone as the second, but two iPads would be the way to go.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
harveyronn said:
More than one ipad?? I just get my first one before some days ago. Its hard to listen that some people having so many Apples product. As far as money consult, how they manage it with using its so costly data plans. Its really big thing for me regarding ipad's costs for pay it regularly.

You don't have to carry a data plan on an iPad at all.

L

Lunar

Only one of our iPads have a sim fitted, and thats not on a data plan. I just use a simple PAYG sim, in our case we are both retired pensioners, so only time I need 3g on ipad is when we go away on holidays which is about 8 times a year or for short weekend breaks, hence the reason I just have a PAYG. it cost's £2 per day or alternatively £7 for a weeks use or £15 for a full month, so I just bang credit on via the web, and use as & when required.

I cant really justify or need a 24/7 all year plan as I don't need it , in any case I already have that on my iphone 4, if I need to browse the web or anything else I can use that. TBH I've no idea why I didn't just buy the Wifi only version as 4G won't be operational in the UK for a couple years yet, and it would have saved £100, but then again whats £100 these days, I spend that much just taking the wife out for a evening out with a meal...lol, and you can't add 3g later if you do have a need for it, so worth having even if only used occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lunar said:
Only one of our iPads have a sim fitted, and thats not on a data plan. I just use a simple PAYG sim, in our case we are both retired pensioners, so only time I need 3g on ipad is when we go away on holidays which is about 8 times a year or for short weekend breaks, hence the reason I just have a PAYG. it cost's £2 per day or alternatively £7 for a weeks use or £15 for a full month, so I just bang credit on via the web, and use as & when required.

I cant really justify or need a 24/7 all year plan as I don't need it , in any case I already have that on my iphone 4, if I need to browse the web or anything else I can use that. TBH I've no idea why I didn't just buy the Wifi only version as 4G won't be operational in the UK for a couple years yet, and it would have saved £100, but then again whats £100 these days, I spend that much just taking the wife out for a evening out with a meal...lol, and you can't add 3g later if you do have a need for it, so worth having even if only used occasionally.

I tether from my iPhone. I save the up front fee when I buy my iPad and always have I Internet available if I need it.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
I could use a second iPad for sure. Often, I want to refer to data on one machine while working on another. Right now, I use my iPhone as the second, but two iPads would be the way to go.

Im hearing you on that one for sure and I do the same thing myself with my phone and sometimes my Mac also.

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I hear you on having many gadgets. (For me, many gadgets, not enough time. But what would be "enough"?)

Along with my iPads, I have laptop, netbooks, iPhone, touch, Kindle Fire, Kindle e-ink reader. Thing is, new, tempting stuff keeps emerging. I don't buy unless I think I'll get my money's worth. For example, I used my Kindle e-ink reader plenty, but that was for a long while before iPad existed. And I used my netbooks plenty in their day, but I wouldn't buy one now, because iPads have taken their place.

I still use my Kindle e-ink for when I read on the beach. I have a Kindle fire which I really like, however I don't use it as much as I hoped I would. I do notice that my poor laptop is neglected ever since I bought my iPads......

Most reactions

Latest posts