What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Rumours that the iPad 3 and iPhone 5 Will Be Here This Fall

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_side.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well now, this is getting very interesting! MacRumors reports today on the latest DigiTimes story that says that it has word from its sources that Apple is getting ready to launch both a new iPad and the latest iPhone this fall. According to DigiTimes, sources in Apple’s manufacturing chain have been told to prepare for production of both a new iPad and iPhone, with an eye to a September-October release window. It’s no real shock that the next iPhone will be coming in September, as that has been a well-substantiated rumour for several months now, but the idea that another new iPad could be launched so soon after the iPad 2 is still quite a surprising one. DigiTimes says that the iPad 3 will be even thinner and lighter than the iPad 2 (how much thinner can it get?!) and will have a display resolution of approximately 250 dpi, i.e., double that of the iPad and iPad 2. Again, nothing we haven’t heard before, but until now dismissed by many as unlikely. Possibly looking a little more likely now![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: Apple's Suppliers Preparing for Fall Launch of iPhone 5 and iPad 3? - Mac Rumors[/FONT]

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The probability of the iPad 3 coming out before the end of the year increases as the rumors appear to be gaining momentum.

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe for a Xmas release, but I find it hard to imagine Apple is releasing a new iPad before that. When I got mine the end of May the Apple Store only had 32Gb in white (WIFI Only) and 64Gb in black only (3G & WIFI), no 16Gb in the store.

Reading various forums around the net, delivery times from the online store haven't gotten substanially better.

JMO & I've been wrong before. Last week in fact. ;)

concu88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess Iphone 5 will come earlier near Christmas and Ipad 3 may launch in mid next year.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are obviously changing their release dates otherwise iphone 5 would already be out/announced.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

Most reactions

Latest posts