What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Pages Issues. Help?

Confused.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of my Pages documents includes a lot of images, and I did a lot of work on it today. When I closed it, it froze, so I restarted my iPad (this happens to me kind of often and restarting usually works). It had already saved, but when I opened Pages again, it had the little "updating" symbol in the corner, and every time I tried to open it, it gave me a pop-up box saying that it couldn't be opened. Now it's been that way for four hours. I copied it in the hopes that the copy would open, but that didn't work either. I know I should have backed it up, but I only started it yesterday. Does anyone have any suggestions?

OP
Confused.

Confused.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, someone on the Apple website said that they had the same problem and it was fixed when they reuploaded the document. Can someone tell me if this is something I should try and how to do it? Another person said that they uninstalled Pages from their iPad, then reinstalled it, and got all their documents back when iCloud was activated. Could I try this and would it work if I don't have another Apple device to sync to?

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What does that mean?

If you have too many apps open at once, that taxes your RAM on your iPad. I didn't tree what version iPad you have, but older versions may need routine closing of apps to free up memory.

To force close an app:

Force the app to close down by pushing the home button twice or by doing a 4-finger swipe to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. Press the app, until it begins to shake. Close out the apps by pressing the red circle in each app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Confused.

Confused.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it didn't work. I completely cleared it out and nothing changed.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it didn't work. I completely cleared it out and nothing changed.

By chance do you have another idevice with pages on it, where you can test to see if the document was able to sync with it?

Were these very large picture files you were adding to this document?

Also, have a look at this help page:http://www.apple.com/support/ios/pages/

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Confused.

Confused.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to icloud.com on my PC, but it's the same. The original document is updating, and the copies I made can't be downloaded. All the other documents can, though.

The images weren't very big at all, but there were a lot of them - I thought that might be the problem, but I can't think of anything I can do about it now.

Thanks!

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I went to icloud.com on my PC, but it's the same. The original document is updating, and the copies I made can't be downloaded. All the other documents can, though.

The images weren't very big at all, but there were a lot of them - I thought that might be the problem, but I can't think of anything I can do about it now.

Thanks!

worth a try--can you switch off your wifi on your ipad and then switch it back on. See if that might jump start it and then begin syncing to your other devices again. Not sure if it will work--but just looking at another way.

Most reactions

Latest posts