What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mobile data number "unknown" ???

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been having a lot of issues with 3 network recently and I'm now on my 4th replacement sim card in 2 months. Their engineers are sorting my connection issues now and are upgrading the mast, however a new problem has arisen and nobody can figure it out?
I first had a pay as you go sim card and the mobile data number shown fine, then I moved to monthly billing and the sim number shown fine, I then had network issues so I was told to rule it out go and get a sim card swap from 3 store. I've done this now the mobile data number in settings/ general/ about says "unknown" after an hour on the phone to 3 they tried many ways around it but nothing worked, so he told me to go to the 3 store and get another sim card swap, I've done this and it still says unknown. Because of this it will not let me log into the 3 networks account page to check my balance (should automatically log you in).

So now I'm stuck, three can't offer more help, the store have not got a clue, I've had a look online and many people have had a similar problem but I can't find a fix, can anyone help?
I've tried, resetting and hard reset, reset network connections, removed and replaced the sim card, swapped the sim card etc still nothing has worked.
The weird thing is my data connection works and I can browse the Internet, just the device itself does not recognise the sim card having a number??
Any help please I'm confused...........

Sorry admins, I've just realised this is probably in the wrong section, please feel free to move if necessary.

Last edited:

Ex nihil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My card number is also "unknown". Nobody has any suggestions. I need to put money in the account from overseas and I have no idea what the number is.

Most reactions

Latest posts