What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im puzzled can anyone help? Cellular number unknown browser thinks im outside UK?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I everyone I've been having difficulty with my 3 mobile data sim. I had network issues a while ago and three told me to do a sim swap, this resulted in general settings saying mobile data number unknown. I've now done three sim card swaps, with all my data plan just added to another sim card, so number and everything stayed the same. But it shows as unknown still. I put another sim card in from the test iPad in the three store and the number shows. But my sim card says unknown in their test iPad. Three are useless and cannot help me. We have tried to put the sim in an iPhone 4s and tried *#100# and this says error?
Whenever I browse certain sites like the lottery website I cannot register because the browser thinks I'm not in the UK.
Other than cancelling my contract with 3, unlocking my iPad and going elsewhere I have no idea what else to do? Three have given up and are not helping no more. If anyone could suggest anything else it would be a massive help. Many thanks.

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorted it I used an app called onava which saves you money on your data plan by shrinking the data, it also creates a proxy and thinks I'm in Ireland. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts