What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moat likely keeping iPad 2

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thought long and hard about selling iPad 2 and buying 3 but have come to the conclusion the only real noticeable difference between the two will be resolution, which isn't good enough a reason to upgrade because there aren't enough source material produced at a resolution for the device to take advantage of.

However, I will still await a few comparison videos before I will completely rule it out.

I really hope not too many people upgrade or buy the new iPad because if they do, Apple will buy into the herd mentality that whatever they come up with will make people buy their product and therefore each new iPad will have only subtle improvements rather than having drastic improvements. Or, if Apple cannot come up with drastic improvements,maybe they should introduce new each new iPad in a two year cycle.

lique831

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something that you think is a subtle improvement may be a drastic improvement to someone else.

irishone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It all depends...I have the IPad 1, so for me the new IPad will be a big improvement. If I had a 2 I think I would hold off, but if I had unlimited funds I would probably purchase. Everyone's needs are different.

Wakeupdead87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might as well sell your iPad 2 now before it's worthless. Sell it now, of course unless you LOVE your iPad two

saholz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad2 was still within the 14 day return period, so it went back today. I wasn't sure about the new iPad or its pricing, and really wanted an iPad quickly, so I went with the 2 knowing I could return it for a refund if the new version was something I wanted.

After the post 3/7 price drop on the 2, the new one is $100 more. For the $100 it offers a faster processor, more memory, higher display resolution, and an improved camera. For me, the choice was obvious and I placed my order for the new iPad on 3/7. Realistically however, I'm not so sure I would have made the same decision if I didn't have that return option available to me. The iPad2 is an impressive device with more than acceptable processing speed and a very good display. The camera is poor, which was my only negative reaction to it. Having already made my choice, I expect the new iPad to be even better in most regards.

Most reactions

Latest posts