What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing some of the default apps after jailbreak

jbeyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I used spiritjb *the one that supports itune 9.2 and was able to jaibreak my ipad.

Unfortunately, a lot of default apps dissapeared. The app store, calendar, ipod, mail to name some.

When you search on item like music and mails, the IPAD is able to search them but could not open saying "Unsupported URL".

I wanted to restore it back to 3.2 and redo the jailbreak again but unfortunately the ipad has now a newer version 3.2.1 :mad:.

Some have been suggesting to check categories of sbs settings whether the poof did this. Already did check and this aint the problem

I have no choice but to update to 3.2.1 .... not unless you have the answers.. .please help, my spirit is down.

JB

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Go to the following link to download the ipad 3.2 firmware. http://is.gd/b5Ndx

Once you have the firmware file on your computer, open itunes and connect your ipad.

On the itunes screen where you normally have the options to update or restore. You want to either hold the Shift Key or Hold the Control Key (depends on your OS) and while holding the key down click the restore button. This will bring up a popup box allowing you to pick the firmware file instead of having itunes search for the latest firmware online.

OP
J

jbeyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

But apple won't allow me to downgrade to a lower version right?
I will not be able to proceed because of this restriction.

JB

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Thanks for the reply.

But apple won't allow me to downgrade to a lower version right?
I will not be able to proceed because of this restriction.

JB

Your SHSH blobs should have already been backed up to cydia. Do a google search on how to perform a restore with the cydia SHSH blobs.

OP
J

jbeyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The SpiritJB fix for iTunes 9.2 caused the error.
I was able to restore back to 3.2 and jailbreak using older version of iTunes.

Most reactions