What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini USB Adapter...

StepIntoTheDark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, here's my question, I purchased my iPad, ONLY to use it for demo'ing my photography portfolio, and watching movies during my frequent flights....

BUT I was wondering if there's a cable that would allow me to plug in

It's a mini usb cable,

That to the bottom connection, AND let me file through pictures on a camera?

I've found the video out cable and I LOVE it, I use it all the time in hotel rooms and even at home...

thanks in advance

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you talking about the camera connection kit,that will do what you want to do with your photos. I have been waiting almost a month for mine to arrive. If you can find one in the St.Louis area you will be lucky.

Al

OP
S

StepIntoTheDark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I guess, I just saw that in another thread... I have the usb to mini usb cable, all I'd need is that adapter kit....

I just wonder if it just comes up under another tab in the pictures section?

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look in the accessories forum,there you will see a picture of the kit,or go to the apple web site and check out the accessories for the ipad,

Al.

OP
S

StepIntoTheDark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Al..

Yeah I saw it, I may just buy one from Amazon.. and see, it can't hurt, I'm just wondering since I photograph in .Raw format if it'll recognize that just fine... if so I'm golden...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Al, I am shocked! Here we have someone else from St. Louis and you didn't let me know!

Welcome to the forum Step! Scott in Wentzville here.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Al..

Yeah I saw it, I may just buy one from Amazon.. and see, it can't hurt, I'm just wondering since I photograph in .Raw format if it'll recognize that just fine... if so I'm golden...

I don't think it will recognize .raw. I shoot both .jpg and .raw on my Canon so that I can put the jpg's on the iPad.
According to Apple:

camerakit.jpg

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Al, I am shocked! Here we have someone else from St. Louis and you didn't let me know!

Welcome to the forum Step! Scott in Wentzville here.

Attn all posters from the St.Louis area, should we form a group and talk about the Cards,Rams, Blues,or iPad, we could also meet in the donut shop in old Florissant.Scott can buy the coffee and donuts.;) How,s that Scot.?:D

Al from Hazelwood.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure the donut shop is still open? We went to see our son and daughter-in-law yesterday in Florissant. They live off of Patterson Road and we were shocked at the number of businesses along 67 that had been boarded up! And I am still not used to seeing an open field where the Ford plant was.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes its still open in Old Florissant matter of fact its open 24 hours a day,and they have the best I have ever tasted. I live 1.1/2 miles north from the Ford plants open field. So is the invite still valid.:D

Al.

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ed here in Brentwood.
I can not find the Camera kit anywhere here either,

I am in for the donuts though!

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats good Ed, we can talk shop with Scott as long as he paying for the donuts, I'm cheap I can only eat one.

Al.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats good Ed, we can talk shop with Scott as long as he paying for the donuts, I'm cheap I can only eat one.

Al.
And you're probably gonna want coffee too I'll bet!

Ed here in Brentwood.
I can not find the Camera kit anywhere here either,

I am in for the donuts though!

Amazon: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-Camera-Connection-Kit/dp/B003K1EYM6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279752454&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit - iPad accessory kit - Apple iPad:…[/ame]

Most reactions

Latest posts