What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad VGA and USB Camera Connection Kit

clayton93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to use a USB to VGA cable using the camera connection kit to connect the iPad to a display? I know there is a VGA adapter but if I only had to buy one of them that would be great.

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to use a USB to VGA cable using the camera connection kit to connect the iPad to a display? I know there is a VGA adapter but if I only had to buy one of them that would be great.

Thanks

No - this is not possible. The camera connection kit can only be used for importing pictures and video. It cannot be used for exporting any files or other information on a non-jailbroken iPad. Although the CCK is supplied with a USB plug, it has limited functionality and can be used only to connect to your camera.

Tim

OP
clayton93

clayton93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
No - this is not possible. The camera connection kit can only be used for importing pictures and video. It cannot be used for exporting any files or other information on a non-jailbroken iPad. Although the CCK is supplied with a USB plug, it has limited functionality and can be used only to connect to your camera.

Tim

Ok thanks Tim. I would've thought not but I just wanted to be sure. Shame, I'll have to buy more than one of them.

Most reactions

Latest posts