What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Releases Bing for iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
bing.JPG

The Bing Community blog today announced the long-awaited release of Bing for iPad, which it says “goes beyond the traditional search experience, offering a unique and visually rich way to search the Web.” The search app has been tailored specifically for touch-screen interaction, enabling the user to quickly search and browse through several different categories, including News, Movies, Trends, Finance, Weather and Bing homepage images, with just a swipe of the finger. Bing for iPad also features Trends, which are only available on Bing for iPad, and which let you browse the latest trends on Bing, and find out instantly what people are currently interested in and searching for. If a particular Trend interests you then you can just tap on it to delve deeper.

It seems that Bing for iPad is much more than a simple search engine. It also has an extensive Movie section where you can find out what’s on at your local cinema, watch trailers, and even buy tickets. There’s also a comprehensive Maps section, complete with turn-by-turn directions, a 10-day or hourly weather forecast feature, and a Voice Search facility with autosuggest.

Click here to download the free app: Bing for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Bing Touch and Decide: Introducing Bing for iPad - Search Blog - Site Blogs - Bing Community

Last edited:

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bing is a flop. It will never be another Google. Microsoft gets another #fail.

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hookbill said:

I like the bing iPad app so far.

Reaction score

This one ,unlike the desktop browser version, doesn't seem to be a Google wannabe. I can't stand Bing on my desktop or phone but the app seems to have finally gotten close to what is advertised that Bing is supposed to be.
In the app I'm not a big fan of no full screen ability, at least that I've been able to find, while browsing websites in landscape. It's kinda "Xoomish" to me

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like it so far, easier and faster in finding images.

Hammer09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just like most other apps. The English constantly get forgotten.

Which is kind of ironic as it's written in English as the Americans could not make a language of their own and we taught them how to speak... :D

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol they must try harder!
Personally I'm delighted to see Goog get some competition. Don't trust them.

Most reactions

Latest posts