What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Office Said to be Coming to iOS in November

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Microsoft_Office.JPG

Boy Genius Reports has an exclusive scoop today about the possibility of Microsoft Office being launched for iOS this coming November. BGR says that it has heard from a reliable source that Microsoft will be bringing its full Office suite to iOS by the end of the year. BGR says that its source has even seen Office running on an iPad, and confirms that it looks identical to the version of Office for iPad that was leaked to The Daily several months ago, and the existence of which was vigorously denied at the time by Microsoft. BGR says that it has also heard word that Microsoft Office will be coming to the iPhone and iPod touch as well as the iPad, as the app’s loading screen most definitely says “Office for iOSâ€. I know a lot of people were really disappointed when Microsoft denied that it was bringing Office to iOS, so it’s great to hear that we may be getting it after all. I bet The Daily feels vindicated too!

Source:
Microsoft Office -- iPad, Android tablet version to launch in November

Alrwaiy90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great this is what we want but really to late until November

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is great news! After spending years working with Office, that was the one part about switching to Apple that I wasn't very happy with. I've thought about trying out Keynote and other similar "office" apps, but I have no idea where to begin!

Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do agree Brett, I will be impatiently waiting myself :)

Krysta

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Krysta said:
This is great news! After spending years working with Office, that was the one part about switching to Apple that I wasn't very happy with. I've thought about trying out Keynote and other similar "office" apps, but I have no idea where to begin!

Krysta

If you are used to MS Office you may prefer something like Quickoffice as it is, IMHO, more MS like.

The Archangel

Smallburrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's about time, it's all late and still not 100% sure but well see how MS paved its way to the iOS.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't think we will see an MS Office for iPad anytime soon. MS are bringing out Windows RT at the end of the year for ARM tablets and will be releasing a specific Office 2010 app for Windows RT.

Microsoft are hoping to branch into pads with a sandboxed system similar to Apple.

As this is a new push into the tablet arena for them, I doubt they will release an app for their main competitor's OS.

The picture could have been of the new Office 2010 for Windows RT.

rugger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find the pseudo office apps in iCloud more than sufficient for my use ... And they are free

rugger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excuse me that should be Cloudon vice iCloud .... In my last post

Most reactions

Latest posts