What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Office for iPad Set for November 10th Release Date

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Microsoft_Office.JPG

It was The Daily that first broke the story of Microsoft Office coming to iPad back in February, only to have it shot down by Microsoft’s denials. Now, however, it looks like The Daily was right all along, and it has another scoop today with the news that Office for iPad will be launching on November 10, 2012. The Daily says that it has learned that the Microsoft Office Mobile development team completed its work last month on the app, as did the design group. The app is now with a “usability teamâ€, which will be looking into how the app software is compliant with the Metro design language, and whether or not any changes are needed. Once it meets with approval from that team, it will then be sent for App Store approval at Apple. As noted by The Daily and reported the other week, BGR has also received word from its sources that the iPad version of Office is “almost identical†to those photos first published by The Daily in February.

Source:
November reign - The Daily
Via AppleInsider

Stone10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow!!!! its a great news. I am waiting for November 10 to use Microsoft office on my iPad. Thanks for sharing this awesome news with us.

valinrace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This will be great. I really cant wait. My Ipad will be more useful thank goodness!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Too true! Microsoft do like to charge! Let's hope Ă‚ÂŁ10 per app like the iWork's apps.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is good news, all other similar apps have incompatibilies especially on highly demanding files.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately my school excel docs aren't supported. Let's hope it's not too expensive

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

ghozan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great news. I just hope that the price will not be expensive

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like the majority of those who have posted, I too am concerned about the pricing from Micro$oft. I hope they don't jack it up.

$20 for the whole suite is the sweet spot for me :)

James Dunn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just worry that it is going to be a "Watered Down" version that, when I buy it and start to use it, will be disappointing, much like Pages and Docs to Go.

codeX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great news! Now iPads would be more useful than before..
I hope the price would just be affordable..
It maybe useful but I just hate to spend too much.. xD

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They will probably be priced similar to iWork apps , $10 for word $10 for excel etc...
I would prefer that as I do not need word but excel yes, and If they decide on OneNote then even better!

mmnlinar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But at what cost? MS is not one to leave $$$ on the table. Lots of market dominance. Will you pay $100?

Ibby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no way for Microsoft to sell their products at the higher price as previously Microsoft did. There are many application can do exactly what Microsoft Office can do. It's better for me to upgrade my hardwares than just spend on the softwares where I can get it for free (cheaper).

Most reactions

Latest posts