What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft exchange issues

leiterch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are my issues:

I have the exchange email setup and it works when I am onsite using the company server, but I can only receive email. I create and send email and nothing happens. I have the account setup just like my outlook on my desktop machine. Like I said within the company network. I get my email and calendar, but can't send email.

The other issue is I can't setup email for outside of the network. We have blackberry service (not an enterprise server) and I use the same http://54.xxx.xx.xxx/exchange and I get the error that it can't identify the account.

I am very confused. I really need to be able to get my email and calendar on my ipad2. My blackberry works great, just confused and I might be switching an iPhone soon for work. I really want to get these issues resolved. I put a post over a month ago on the apple support discussions. Total waste of time.

Thanks for the time.

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the sane issue but I have RCN as my Internet provider. I can receive email anywhere in the world but I can only send email from via my home cable modem.

The cable folks told me that is the case. I can only send through my own modem.

Neighbors who have Comcast as a cable provider do not have that limitation.

P.s. Away from home I send from my Yahoo account.

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leiterch said:
Here are my issues:

I have the exchange email setup and it works when I am onsite using the company server, but I can only receive email. I create and send email and nothing happens. I have the account setup just like my outlook on my desktop machine. Like I said within the company network. I get my email and calendar, but can't send email.

The other issue is I can't setup email for outside of the network. We have blackberry service (not an enterprise server) and I use the same http://54.xxx.xx.xxx/exchange and I get the error that it can't identify the account.

I am very confused. I really need to be able to get my email and calendar on my ipad2. My blackberry works great, just confused and I might be switching an iPhone soon for work. I really want to get these issues resolved. I put a post over a month ago on the apple support discussions. Total waste of time.

Thanks for the time.

It sounds like something was not configured correctly with your email. You need to get in touch with your IT dept and they should be able to assist you.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We use Exchange and Outlook and setting up the iPad to send and receive mail and contacts and calendars was just a case of following the prompts and waiting about 1 minute for everything to synchronise.
It sounds to me that you are either using the wrong settings on your iPad or your Exchange Server is not properly configured. Talk to your IT support people and see what they say.

gfengstad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leiterch said:
Here are my issues:

Thanks for the time.

It sounds like your Exchange environment is not set up properly to support ActiveSync. This is absolutely essential in supporting iOS devices such as the iPad. Additionally, your Exchange administrator must enable these features n the accounts that intend to use them.

Another consideration is the service name (ie. email.company.com) should reference the same IP address regardless of your location - inside your network at work our through the Internet.

Ohpinion8ted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue on my iPhone. It was as others have said - the Exchange server was not configured to support Activesync. The IT folks didn't initially agree because the Blackberry's were syncing. Then I sourced a doc from Microsoft, forwarded it to them, and a few hours later I was up and running. Good luck.

OP
L

leiterch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sent a link to our IT guys. Hopefully that will work. They are teetering on the verge of using Android as our phones when we switch carriers. I am trying to push my iphone agenda. We'll see. No matter what, I will be utilizing my ipad for sure. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts