What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Exchange email- need to archive but don't have a laptop

shakamaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a work email account through Microsoft Exchange but they have only issued me with an iPad, I don't have a laptop. 99.9% of the time I love this, but on this occasion I can't see how to archive
emails from my iPad without a laptop. They have a ridiculous limit of 2GB on the email server so mine
is almost full. I don't want to delete emails because they are important but not sure what option I
have. My IT team have no idea, and don't seem to care!
Can any of the great contributors help me to 'store' emails from the exchange server? I have a gmail
account and I am happy to 'move' them there if I am able.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could install your Gmail account on the iPad. Then, you can set up folders and move the emails from your work account (on the iPad) over to the Gmail account. All of this can be done on the iPad.

That's what I would do (assuming your work allows you to install your personal Gmail account on the iPad...

Marilyn

OP
S

shakamaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mickey- I wasn't aware I could do that but have just set up my gmail account on the iPad and transferred the emails across. It's
fairly slow going because you can't 'choose all' when you move but it did work.
Thank you for your help

Most reactions

Latest posts