What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MIA Airplay icon

harry.ward

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI

Just upgraded my home network and want to stream my ipad music to my Yamaha RX-V500D amplifier, have downloaded the Yamaha AV Controller app and selecting TV , Cable TV , CD player no problem.

The music icon , top left accesses my music library but gives message , not able to play , this I understand to be an encryption problem, so moved on to using Airplay in the input field.

Airplay icon unable to be found on ipad or iphone5 when swiping up so cannot use this feature.

Ipad is currently on iOS 8.1.3.

What am I missing?

regards

harry

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you posted in the iPad 2 Forum I assume you have an iPad 2. . In regards to your iPhone 5 and iPad 2, are they and the amplifier on the same WiFi network? The AirPlay icon won't show unless they are.

Last edited:
OP
H

harry.ward

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes they are and I can use the ipad to play videos on YouTube.

Music selected shows up on my TV but AirPlay icon not to be found anywhere on iPad or iPhone

Music can be played using USB on amp.

App is suggested for my amp

Lost for what to do next

Most reactions

Latest posts