What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple TV

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just ordered an Apple TV 3rd generation in order to stream music etc. to my big screen smart TV. I know that I have to have an HDMI to HDMI cable which I have purchased. So far so good. My question is, where do I find the AirPlay icon? I have swiped up to access the control centre but the icon does not appear. I suspect that I first have to connect the Apple TV to my television, is this correct? If not I do not know how to find the AirPlay icon as I have restarted my iPad but it still does not appear.

Thanks,

Mike

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just ordered an Apple TV 3rd generation in order to stream music etc. to my big screen smart TV. I know that I have to have an HDMI to HDMI cable which I have purchased. So far so good. My question is, where do I find the AirPlay icon? I have swiped up to access the control centre but the icon does not appear. I suspect that I first have to connect the Apple TV to my television, is this correct? If not I do not know how to find the AirPlay icon as I have restarted my iPad but it still does not appear.

Thanks,

Mike
The AirPlay icon does not appear unless here is an AirPlay capable device turned on and within range. As soon as you have your Apple TV hooked up and switched on, the AirPlay icon will appear in the Control Centre of your iPad.

Here's my Control Centre with WiFi turned off, then on.
image.jpg
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Apple TV has to be connected to the TV and turned on, then you'll find the AirPlay icon when you swipe up.

When you receive your new device, make sure it's up to date. There was an update the same day iOS 8.1.3 was released for iPads.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Really great to hear from you and as always such great help. It was as I suspected so I will now wait for the Apple TV to get started. I have the latest software update for my iPad, IOS 8.1.3 so hopefully all should go to plan. If not........... I'll be back!

Most reactions

Latest posts