What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MetroPCS?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Does anyone here have metropcs and possibly the samsong code as well?

Currently I have an iPhone plan with AT&T that after all the data and testing fees come out well over a hundred bucks. I also have a Verizon mifi that's around $60 a month that gives me unlimited wifi data where ever I'm at for all my devices.

Ever since I got my iPad I have been taking it with me every place I go and the only thing I use my iPhone for any more is to make phone calls and receive text messages. So I'm thinking I could cut out both my AT&T bill and Verizon bill. Switch to metropcs and get the samsong code (windows mobile phone) with unlimited talk text web for $45/month(all taxs and fees included). This phone also would give me the ability to turn it into a wifi hotspot like I was doing with the mifi from Verizon. I know they don't have 3G speeds yet but they are supposed to be rolling out LTE soon and I think I can just wait. I figure if the speeds really become a problem I can just use the $115 per month I'm saving and get the iPad AT&T data plan (only $30) and I'd still come out ahead.

What do you all think about this idea and have any of you already tried this out?

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone here have metropcs and possibly the samsong code as well?

Currently I have an iPhone plan with AT&T that after all the data and testing fees come out well over a hundred bucks. I also have a Verizon mifi that's around $60 a month that gives me unlimited wifi data where ever I'm at for all my devices.

Ever since I got my iPad I have been taking it with me every place I go and the only thing I use my iPhone for any more is to make phone calls and receive text messages. So I'm thinking I could cut out both my AT&T bill and Verizon bill. Switch to metropcs and get the samsong code (windows mobile phone) with unlimited talk text web for $45/month(all taxs and fees included). This phone also would give me the ability to turn it into a wifi hotspot like I was doing with the mifi from Verizon. I know they don't have 3G speeds yet but they are supposed to be rolling out LTE soon and I think I can just wait. I figure if the speeds really become a problem I can just use the $115 per month I'm saving and get the iPad AT&T data plan (only $30) and I'd still come out ahead.

What do you all think about this idea and have any of you already tried this out?

I know about Metropcs, its a great service for the price but there are limitations. First there is NO seamless coverage, they do NOT have full US coverage. If you do not travel a lot you are okay.

Correct no 3G, so speed is a problem. Code phone, and other Metropcs "smart phones" require a $50 monthly (min) plan, but ALL the features are truly unlimited, and require no conract.

The Code is a great phone but it can NOT be used as a WiFi hot spot.

Wait for the soon to come Metropcs 4G LTE phones they will truly be amazing.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
wow your correct about the code not having wifi capability i dont know how i missed that in the specs. It is however capable of tethering via bluetooth. I'm pretty sure the ipad wont connect via bluetooth to get a data connection. Apple locks down the bluetooth so that it doesnt do much.

I may still just end up switching, getting the code for now they got a deal for the rest of the month that gives you $75 off the phone and subscribe to the att ipad data plan until they roll out 4G.

I only travel maybe once or twice in a year so the coverage isnt an issue, They have coverage in my area.

LAC_STS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MetroPCS SUCKS

I used to use MetroPCS. I have had about ten different phones/lines with them.

About the other poster saying they are not nationwide.... You are correct. But the thing is that metroPCS considers different parts of the country where they do service different markets. So even though they have MetroPCS in most of cali when I would go there from FLA my phone wouldnt work. Same thing with upstate NJ.

And they're rules and customer service is straight up ridiculous. Its a scam. Most of they're phones they have you can get at another carrier for cheaper if you sign a contract. And I even found a few of the same phones at Alltel through prepaid that you could buy straight out for 70% less than MetroPCS wants.

They're customer service is so bad and they're rules so much a rip off that all of the MetroPCS locations here locally except for the mall locations have security guards in the store. They have to because they piss people off so much.

If you don't have a choice go ahead. But if you have ANY choice go somewhere else.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
out here the metro pcs is a big name for they offer the socalled smart phone plan for $.50.oo dollars total for the plan and a lot of the local college kids have smart phone set up here ..so it not bad ..as far as other phone companys customer service i say metropcs is no worse than att or tmoblie out here in central Ca area .

iam thinking about switching to the metropcs smart phone plan once my plan is up with att for everyone one i talked to seams to think that the move by spint to get all one plan for $.69.00 dollars is not going to set well with the other carriers.. so we might see a lower price for the whole smart phone and complete cell phone package for the everything from dateplan to voice and other features for a low price of $.69.oo dollars or less

Most reactions

Latest posts