What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical Imaging Apps

premo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhh, this seems to be a better area to raise the question of apps!

I am new to iPad, and have just ordered myself and my daughter iPad 2's. She just got her first job in the medical imaging field (cardio-sonographer). Does anyone know of any apps that might be appropriate for that field? Or is that something that tends to be proprietary with the hospitals?

As for myself, I am more business-oriented and know nothing about iPads, except what I have read in the last 2 days. PLEASE feel free to offer suggestions on what a newbie like me might want to consider for useful apps. I really do want this to be more than a glorified picture viewer. LOL!

Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a good place to start for medical apps.....

IPad Medical Apps | iMedicalApps

Hope you enjoy your iPad. I'm sure you'll get lots of responses for business apps - I use the Apple iWorks suite for the iPad - 'Pages', 'Numbers' and 'Keynote' that handle Word, Excel and PowerPoint files.

Tim
Scotland

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For business use y might want to look at the ap Splashtop. this app allows you to control your desktop as long as the desktop and iPad are connected to the same wifi network. Or if you can configure your firewall and allow port forwarding you can control the desktop from any Internet connection anywhere in the world.

Documents2Go seems to be the closest thing to Microsoft office. It's a good investment.

Good reader is a great PDF app that allows you to write notes on the PDF through annotations. PDF Expert allows you to fill in form fields on PDFs. Between those two apps you should be able to do anything you need to do on a PDF.

That will get you started for business use. Don't forget to download a calculator too.

Nate

OP
P

premo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I appreciate your feedback and experiences.

Yes, how could they leave out a calculator? LOL!

pastorsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
She probably can get any necessary apps. from the hospital for free or far less than buying them. Additionally, at least for my doctor friends, they are associated with (linked to) their hospitals.

OP
P

premo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, I followed that link...great stuff. I'm not even in that industry and I still found it fascinating!

Nate, I appreciate your feedback. Have you done a side-by-side comparison of DocumentsToGo and iWorks? I have read great reviews for both, and a few negative reviews for both. I don't think I have seen a comparison of the two, however.

Again, thanks to all! I hope I will have more than questions once I receive my iPad. Not scheduled to arrive until 4/8. Darn....

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
premo said:
Tim, I followed that link...great stuff. I'm not even in that industry and I still found it fascinating!

Nate, I appreciate your feedback. Have you done a side-by-side comparison of DocumentsToGo and iWorks? I have read great reviews for both, and a few negative reviews for both. I don't think I have seen a comparison of the two, however.

Again, thanks to all! I hope I will have more than questions once I receive my iPad. Not scheduled to arrive until 4/8. Darn....

I love pages, the biggest problem for me is that I get sent a lot of MS Word files which are formatted with tables, Pages hates them and turns them into some horrible looking documents whereas DTG seems better equipped to handle them. If I'm working from fresh then I always use Pages. That may affect which is most beneficial for you.

The Archangel

Most reactions