What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The First FDA-Cleared Diagnostic Medical Imaging App Available Now

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Mobile_MIM.jpg

We’ve already seen many stories about how medical professionals are using the iPad in hospitals and surgeries and even in the operating room. Well now MIM Software has announced that its Mobile MIM app is available in the US App Store, following the FDA giving the app 510(k) clearance for remote diagnostic viewing of CT, PET, MRI and SPECT images on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.

The app is free to download and includes sample images to demonstrate its usage. Physicians and other medical professionals can download images to their iPad using MIMcloud, an internet-based service which allows secure upload and download of encrypted medical data. An MIM workstation can also be used to transmit the images to Mobile MIM.

"We strive to create products that enhance patient care," says Mark Cain, CTO of MIM Software. "We understand that some may see this as a way for doctors to cut corners in favor of convenience. However, physicians have to answer for the decisions they make, and their choices are carefully considered. Before today, doctors who needed to see images but could not get to a workstation had to opt for a less preferable course of action or no action at all. When my health is in question, I don't want my care compromised because of the doctor's location."

This version of Mobile MIM is intended for use by medical professionals, not patients, but MIM Software says that it plans to release an app especially for patients, called VueMe, in March.

Click here to download the free app: Mobile MIM for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: MIM Software

Last edited:

Most reactions