What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media sharing between iPad and PC

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I feel like I hit the wall and need someone's help.
I have iPad3 and I want to establish media sharing in my home network. I have a few DLNA compatible device and iPad3 is one of it. The others are HTDV and my smartphone. I understood that I have to install any Media Share Server on my PC and Media Player on my iPad. On my PC I tried to install miniDNLA application and Media Tobm application. On iPad I tried to clients: Fusion Stream and MediaConnect. After I started all client/server from iPad it finds and recognizes Media Server but failed to find any files on my PC.
Could someone pls explain me what I'm doing wrong? Could someone suggest which software are you using to establish Media sharing between iPad and PC.
Thanks in advance.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
susja said:
Hello,
I feel like I hit the wall and need someone's help.
I have iPad3 and I want to establish media sharing in my home network. I have a few DLNA compatible device and iPad3 is one of it. The others are HTDV and my smartphone. I understood that I have to install any Media Share Server on my PC and Media Player on my iPad. On my PC I tried to install miniDNLA application and Media Tobm application. On iPad I tried to clients: Fusion Stream and MediaConnect. After I started all client/server from iPad it finds and recognizes Media Server but failed to find any files on my PC.
Could someone pls explain me what I'm doing wrong? Could someone suggest which software are you using to establish Media sharing between iPad and PC.
Thanks in advance.

So many ways....the question is do you only want to do it via your particular DLNA or are you willing to consider some other options? Even though I have dnla working in my home I don't use it for my iPad. I have three other ways to do that so I'm just a bit lazy to bother with that.

OP
S

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi AQ_OC,
first of ... thanks for reply.
second: here is my full story: I've bought HDTV which supports dlna. They said that I should be able to play video/music from any dlna certified server. I installed minidlna server on my PC ... didn't try it yet to connect to TV but just thought first try it with my iPad. In AppStore I found app called Fusion Stream and tried to access using it to my PC but failed to recognize my Video/Audio folders on PC. That's why I'm asking community to share your experience with me. Actually I don't care with particular app to use as long as it'll allow me to communicate iPad to PC and TV. Based on that I assume that iPad should have both player and server. In any case if you could share you good experience with media sharing using iPad I'd highly appreciate it.
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts