What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

may be 7 slow my ipad4

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, I thick 7.1 slow my internet and 2nd issue most important i go setting,restriction and disallow safari so my kids will not browse too much. The question is the it's is ok or I have to lock more from some where else because they r 14years can they surf from some where else. I have ipad only wifi tks

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello, I thick 7.1 slow my internet and 2nd issue most important i go setting,restriction and disallow safari so my kids will not browse too much. The question is the it's is ok or I have to lock more from some where else because they r 14years can they surf from some where else. I have ipad only wifi tks

1. Yea, I thought it was a problem with my connection, but even my wifi is slower on iPad after update... I'm confused.

2. Keep an eye that they don't install any other web browsers, and make sure you do NOT tell the restrictions password to your children. That should be enough.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

If you disallow Safari, the app actually disappears from the screen, so they won't be able to browse at all, through Safari that is. As Abs has said they could just download another browser to do this. You could set the restriction on downloading other apps as well to stop this, but there are lots of other things you can do to stop certain content.

Look in the Allowed Content of Restrictions - there's lots of settings here you can set to stop certain content being accessed.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some of my frriend make lock safari but he told me his 17year son bypass restriction and run google I don't know How that why I ask

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some of my frriend make lock safari but he told me his 17year son bypass restriction and run google I don't know How that why I ask

Well, then he must have told the restrictions password to his son.

The Google search engines also allows opening any website through a Google search, thats why I told you to monitor the apps that are being downloaded, but I think as Leelai said, restricting download of apps, from restrictions would be a better option, since the app store icon disappears.

It may be possible to break through the restrictions if your iPad is jailbroken, though I'm not a jailbreaking expert and I'm not sure.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT SHARE YOUR RESTRICTIONS PASSWORD IF YOU ARE RESTRICTING SAFARI.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No boss my from told that no jailbreak, use only safari, he lock also app instal when how his son can running safari

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

You don't have to bypass Restrictions to use Google, it has it's own app and is more or less just another browser. There are also other apps which have their own built in browsers.

Maybe best to set some Content Restrictions and lock the App Store for downloads.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No boss my from told that no jailbreak, use only safari, he lock also app instal when how his son can running safari

If your friends son knows the Apple ID and password for this iPad, he could wipe the restrictions by restoring the iPad itself. He would then need to set everything up again though.....it could be a long process but is dependent on what is on the iPad to start with. If the iPad was backed up to iTunes before the restrictions password was set, he could just restore it with a backup also.

The Apple ID password and the restrictions password are 2 different passwords and not a good idea to allow anyone to know either.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One thing is confirm that son did not known restriction save word ok tks

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I scroll IPF post screen,when play 8ball in all of that screen little little hang screen what is that

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I scroll IPF post screen,when play 8ball in all of that screen little little hang screen what is that

Could you please explain it in a better way, and maybe using better language please? Please don't take ot as an offense, but i found it hard to understand.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Could you post a screen shot of what you mean?

Could it be a small advertising screen, usually in the first post of a thread?

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thick I kid start download a game that's way connection slow but for better resulte I deleted downloading but next day again I start my ipad wifi that game slow my connection and when use 8ball or any think else it's slow down my connection. By the way how get read off this game which start a automatic start downloading tks

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thick I kid start download a game that's way connection slow but for better resulte I deleted downloading but next day again I start my ipad wifi that game slow my connection and when use 8ball or any think else it's slow down my connection. By the way how get read off this game which start a automatic start downloading tks

So are you saying that when you download a game it slows down your connection? Any downloads will take up some of your internet and if there are others in your household using the internet at the same time, then it's a case of sharing your connection and it will be slower.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'how to get rid of this game which start a automatic downloading'. Have you purchased a game which is still downloading? If this is it, you should be able to long press the app icon to bring up the 'X' to be deleted.

If you mean automatic updates to an app, go to Settings - iTunes and App Stores and turn of Automatic downloads for updates. You'll notice other settings there also for automatically downloading Apps, Books and music.......if you have other devices on the same Apple ID, when you purchase something on 1 device it will automatically download to your other devices......so turn these off too if you don't want this happening either.

Let us know if you mean something else.

Most reactions