What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map location not working

TrxSlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My location feature isn't working. I have it turned on, but every time I try and use this feature, it says it can't find my location. I haven't updated to ios5 and I don't have a 3g device, maybe that is the issue?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
TrxSlash

TrxSlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason it's working now. I don't know why, maybe because I backed it up? Anyways thanks for the help! Lol.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In order for the Map location to work on a Wi-Fi only iPad you must have an internet connection, and at least one of the networks your iPad can see must be in Apple's location database. That makes it a bit unreliable in sparsely populated areas.

Also, at the top of the map is a little arrow icon. If it is gray, the map is not in localize mode. Tap the arrow. When it turns blue it should center the map and locate you. Tap it gain and it points up with a little blue fan in front of it. This gives your your location and heading (the map points the same way you do). If you are near too much metal it will complain about compass interference, so that feature works poorly in a vehicle.

Edit: Apparently in iOS 5 the arrow turns purple, not blue. Hm.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts