What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

google maps permission error

thilton55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was researching a bike route on google maps in Safari and a pop-up asked if I wanted to use my current location. I mistakenly said no and now when google maps comes up in any instance I get a message that it does not have permission to use my current location.
A help message says that I can go to Tools, Gears Settings, Click Remove next to google maps....but I can't find a way to do that on the iPad.

Any help?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings>General>Location Services>Maps

15855e6c.png

OP
T

thilton55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Wow, how simple is that. I really appreciate the quick response. I just never thought of looking there. thanks again.

H20dancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the same boat...

But the fix did not work for me. My maps was on, and still the error message from google maps that present location was previously not approved. Thanks.

eddieras

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had google maps enabled to allow my location, but then I hit 'no' and now I can't get it back to allow it. I went to location services as above and google maps are not listed there. I reset location services as per google help...still no luck. I cleared cache, history and cookies ( I'm desperate) and still no luck. I finally reset the entire iPad and still not locating n google maps. Says it's not allowed. Any ideas??

broodyart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eddieras said:
I had google maps enabled to allow my location, but then I hit 'no' and now I can't get it back to allow it. I went to location services as above and google maps are not listed there. I reset location services as per google help...still no luck. I cleared cache, history and cookies ( I'm desperate) and still no luck. I finally reset the entire iPad and still not locating n google maps. Says it's not allowed. Any ideas??

I just figured how to reset location warnings on iPhone, i deleted the google maps bookmark off my homescreen first. I hope it helps...
Go to;
settings - general - reset - reset location warnings

Then save google maps to home screen again and it should prompt you to 'allow to use your location'

Most reactions