What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manualy save your SHSH.

sundance2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just saw this on the BigBoss web site (see below) and I'm not sure what I need to do. Does my iPad need to be connected to the computer? I ran it but it never downloads anything. Or is this only for phones and not the iPad?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

TinyUmbrella is now updated to support 4.3.2 / 4.2.7 iOS versions. I've also added a simple feature to allow you to 'Visit Blog' when updates are available.
Enjoy

EDIT: OK so it looks like Cydia is giving up the ghost and having some major issues. I've re-uploaded 4.30.05 for those of you that want to save 4.3.1 via APPLE. Hurry up and do so before 4.3.1 is no longer signed.

To save your SHSH via APPLE instead of CYDIA (the default) go into Advanced options and UNCHECK the box that clearly says: "Request SHSH From Cydia" then click 'Apply Changes' then select your device then click 'Save SHSH'

Also, If you want to save 4.3.2/4.2.7 get the updated 4.32.01 as there was a file missing in 4.32.00 XD.
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tiny umbrella requires the iPad to be connected. Connect your iPad, click on it on the left, and then click save shsh. Easy. But I think apple stopped signing 4.3.1.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have updated the SHSH Blob FAQ Sticky with the latest information regarding Cydia and the saving of blobs.

DmiteXXI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sundance2011 said:
How can you tell?

Tiny umbrella will tell you. It will say unable to get shsh. That's when you are too late.

i just ran tiny umbrella and go the following

saved my 4.3.1 SHSH to Cydia
saved my 4.3.2 SHSH to Cydia
how was that possible?

I was able to get shsh for 4.3.1 for my iphone & ipad 2 just now

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DmiteXXI said:

how was that possible?

also where locally are they saved? buying a new PC want to copy them over

The FAQ answers the first question. Re-read it?

The SHSH files are in a folder called ".shsh" which will be hidden in the same folder as TU. You dont need to copy them over. Just run TU on the new PC.

DmiteXXI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DmiteXXI said:

how was that possible?

also where locally are they saved? buying a new PC want to copy them over

The FAQ answers the first question. Re-read it?

The SHSH files are in a folder called ".shsh" which will be hidden in the same folder as TU. You dont need to copy them over. Just run TU on the new PC.
yes sorry i checked the advanced and found them.

Im just curious how i was able to get 4.3.1 as i though apple stopped signing it.

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never saved SHSH blobs before, will it work/is it safe to do it the first time with cydia?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never saved SHSH blobs before, will it work/is it safe to do it the first time with cydia?

You'll be fine.

Just download the newest version of Tiny Umbrella (5.00.01), connect your iPad (ensure iTunes is off), click on save SHSH and you are done.

Just make sure you uncheck the two boxes that mention Cydia (to prevent future head aches).

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts