What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Managing Apps Between Two iPads

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How exactly do you do this?mine usually asks to delete everything on the device and replace it with the other user content. How do you toggle between accounts?will it keep libraries separate?

There are two way to do first: first, sync with the same computer and setup on the computer which apps you want on which iPad. That gets to be time consuming and annoying, but it works.

The second way is easier. Make sure both iPads are logged into the app store under the same account, then simply go to the app store and select the apps you want. If you select an app that has already been purchased on your account, you won't be charged again for it, even tho it asks for your password and everything like you are buying it again.

Once your iPad goes to download mode, it will say you've already purchased it and asks if you want to download it again. Then you can have the same apps on both devices and not have to worry about syncing your computer when you want new apps.

In my house, we have two iPhones, three iPod touches, and one iPad, and this is generally the method we all use to get duplicate apps on multiple devices. When you use this method, i think it's best disable the syncing of apps on your computer. When you sync your iPad, your apps will be backed up, but it won't try to sync your apps with that others have downloaded.

Last edited:

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two Ipads and 1 ipod on one computer,one credit card account with Itunes,when I plug them in each one is ID separately by the persons name,plus each others apps are also ID for each device. Its a not a problem for me and I'm new at this ipad thing.

Al.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was hoping that when he logged in with my account it would just show all my apps as it does with my Ipad and Touch--but on one computer. We def. want to use 2 computers so we'll just see how it works when he connects for the first time. His iTunes is already set up for my account. We should be able to figure it out from what youall have said. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts