What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Managed to bypass error 3094 but get stuck on 1601

Reaction score
I recently purchased an used iPad 4 16gb with cellular on Amazon. It came with iOS 8.3 but I was sure that I would be able to downgrade to 6.1.3. I need iOS 6 and the iPad has no use to me if I I'm not able to.

I've spent the last 72 hours watching all the videos and reading every single tutorial I could find. I tried iFaith, TinyUmbrella, redsn0w and all the usual suspects. I uninstalled and reinstall more than ten different versions of iTunes, tested on two different computers, with three different USB cables and nothing.

I'm wondering if there's really no way around downgrading if the SHSH blobs were never saved but I'd like to know if anyone knows it's possible or I better give up, I'm going insane here.

Appreciated!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way to downgrade the OS. Even if you had SHSH blobs it would not do any good. Only the earliest version of iOS could be downgraded using blobs.

These days all iOS installs require signing by Apple's servers to work. At this time only iOS 8.3 is being signed.

If you let us know why you must have iOS 6, maybe we can find a way forward for you using the current iOS version. Most problems have more than one solution. We can hope.

OP
I am Jack's account
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply twerppoet.

I thought that when iTunes couldn't sign the software it gave the 3094 error, I managed to bypass this (or at least think I did) starting TinyUmbrella's TSS server. I can see it getting through the "verifying software with Apple" thing, but after a while I get the 1601 error, which, based on what I read, it's USB related. Except on the latest iTunes version, it never returns with an error just says "waiting for iPad" or "preparing iPad for restore" for like forever!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're still trying to downgrade the iOS on your iPad, you can't downgrade, no matter what method you try.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It can not be done. At least not by any procedure released by the jailbreak community. You are wasting your time. Believe me, you're not the first to run headlong into this wall, looking for that magic combination that will work. The reason you can't find a set of instructions that work, is that, again, it can not be done.

At least that is the consensus of the jailbreak community here, and pretty much everywhere else you go. At least the legitimate sites. There's always someone out there that is happy to sell you a new magic spell.

Now, if you are a super hacker in your own right, anything is possible. Just ask Neo.

There is no spoon. -- The Matrix.

Most reactions