What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Malware on iPad? Facebook problems.

twinkle9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've joined the forum, as I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on what seems to be happening on my iPad currently.

I know it sounds stupid, but for some reason every time I type in Facebook's address in my browser, the page won't load and it seems that the iPad is stopping it from doing so. However every other website address i put in it works.

My Facebook app still works though.

But last week, I clicked on my friends post of top stalkers and gave my permission to let them post etc. then boom.. It was sending out some MSG to everyone on my Facebook. So Facebook froze my account and said it had detected malware, and told me to get rid of it before trying to enter the website again.. But I can't find anything to get rid of malware, so I didn't do anything about it and re entered the website and deleted that app of top stalkers. But there is still something wrong as I now can't use Facebook via safari.

Does anyone know what I can do? Or how to get rid if malware?

Thank you so much for reading this/ helping!

C x

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But last week, I clicked on my friends post of top stalkers and gave my permission to let them post

What does this even mean? I mean, does it mean what the words say?

BTW, there is no known malware on iOS. You can try another browser, perhaps.

OP
T

twinkle9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just strange that all of a sudden after that, it's now not working.. And hasn't been since Facebook told me the detected malware.

The top stalkers app thing, is meant to tell you who's been looking at your profile and you can't tell me no one is ever curious! So I clicked on it!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try going to your Settings app and going to the Safari line. Then, scroll down on the right until you see the two lines "Clear History" and "Clear Cookies and Data.". It might be that the link on which you clicked is still tracking your or still showing as being in Safari.

Yeah, you can't get a virus on the iPad, but you can get a cookie that won't go away until you tell it to. That might be what's causing the hang up with going into Facebook.

So, try that and see what happens?

Marilyn

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's just strange that all of a sudden after that, it's now not working.. And hasn't been since Facebook told me the detected malware.

The top stalkers app thing, is meant to tell you who's been looking at your profile and you can't tell me no one is ever curious! So I clicked on it!

Ok...I was worried for a moment. Yeah, this cookie thing is a good idea.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gets confusing with the naming what with Cookies and ice cream sandwich (android os) I wonder what next we will have in the IT industry... . Asparagus beans and pumpkin. Lol
This is an explanation of what cookies are.

Cookies.....
cookies are simply bits of software placed on your computer or mobile device when you browse websites. Not all websites have these, but many do, especially the large well-known websites. Websites use cookies so they can track what you are viewing, and although they won't necessarily know you by name (lets hope it never gets to that point), the website will recognize your computer when you come back to visit again.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Waiting for an iOS called "Liver And Onions"

uli1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twinkle9 said:

Is it possible to remove the permission you gave to "the top stalkers app" to let it send post? Perhaps the app is detected as malware by Facebook and if you could "remove" it then things would be fine? Good luck!

Most reactions