What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail stops rotating?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, strange phenomenon recently. The Mail app on my iPad 1 has recently stopped rotating when I turn my iPad, invariable it will be upside down each time! If I reboot then it cures it for a few days but it always happens again. All other apps rotate as expected when I turn the iPad. Any thoughts......apart from keep rebooting?

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean that the iPad's native Mail app is inverted but all other apps are the correct orientation??????

Tim

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly! I can turn the iPad to get mail the right way up but I use a combined case/stand so my iPad won't stand up if I do this!

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I admit it - I've had an early glass of wine to celebrate a birthday here but that is - incomprehensible (at least I can still spell it!!)

Tim

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In that case I'll stop worrying about it and just hit the bottle instead.......seems like the perfect result!

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Instead of rebooting try a reset and see if that helps.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. If the iPad is on when you do this there is a fair chance you'll see the power off slider. Ignore it.

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Instead of rebooting try a reset and see if that helps.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. If the iPad is on when you do this there is a fair chance you'll see the power off slider. Ignore it.

Yep, tried that too, no joy, works ok for a while and then I find myself having to stand on my head to read my emails!

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In that case, I suggest you move to Australia. It probably won't help, but you'll be too busy staring at the cool wildlife to be looking the iPad anyway.

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
In that case, I suggest you move to Australia. It probably won't help, but you'll be too busy staring at the cool wildlife to be looking the iPad anyway.

Hey, I'm a city boy so I'll be too scared of the wildlife! I was about 7 before I realised that sheep and cattle are not the same size (they were in my toy farm)!

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey, I'm a city boy so I'll be too scared of the wildlife! I was about 7 before I realised that sheep and cattle are not the same size (they were in my toy farm)!

The Archangel

7 is pretty good. I once had an adult try and tell me that wheat was not green, when I said something about fields of green wheat. My background is more rural. I even had a pony when I was a kid. Well, it was my aunts pony, but he would happily buck me off just like any real owner.

{Wheat only turns gold shortly before it is time to harvest it}

On the other hand, I labored under the impression that every backstreet in New York was a dark and dangerous alley filled with potential muggers, and didn't realize how stupid I was being until I was quite a bit older than 7. I blame comic books. :)

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
7 is pretty good. I once had an adult try and tell me that wheat was not green, when I said something about fields of green wheat. My background is more rural. I even had a pony when I was a kid. Well, it was my aunts pony, but he would happily buck me off just like any real owner.

{Wheat only turns gold shortly before it is time to harvest it}

On the other hand, I labored under the impression that every backstreet in New York was a dark and dangerous alley filled with potential muggers, and didn't realize how stupid I was being until I was quite a bit older than 7. I blame comic books. :)

I was more used to elephants and polar bears in London Zoo when I was a child.......so it was quite disappointing not to see them wandering around the countryside when we moved out of London!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts