What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen rotation stops working

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,

I had this few times and found in another forum that another guy had the same.

Screen stops rotating. When I doublpress Home - rotation icon is unlocked. I try to lock it and unlock - doesn't help. When I restart the iPad (turn off + turn on; not just sleep/standby) - rotation restores and works perfectly. The other guy reported the same. Only device restart helped.

Both iPad2s are 3G (one 32GB and another 64GB model) with iOS 4.3.3 and both are jailbroken with jailbreakme.com.

Could that be JB related? Anybody have the same with or w/o the JB?

Last edited:

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check the rotation lock. It's in the bottom right corner when in landscape orientation beside the volume control.

OP
bat0nas

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check the rotation lock. It's in the bottom right corner when in landscape orientation beside the volume control.

Well.. that button is set to turn off system sounds (the default setting) and not locking the screen rotation. So this button has nothing to do with my problem.

OP
bat0nas

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same button? It locks my screen orientation.

Yes.. about the same.
How to Change the Side Switch from Rotation Lock to Mute on the iPad

You can assign a function to that button: "lock the rotation" or "mute sounds". The link above explains it very well.

Actually it's not a button.. it's a "side switch" (the switch near the volume up/down buttons).

In my case it is set to mute the sound and not to turn off the rotation.

Anyway.. this has no relation to my problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts