What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail Attachment will not close

Bernard Auton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was reviewing emails. Opened attachment to an email. Cannot close or escape from the attachment so cannot see/access any other email messages. When I press the home button I can see the mail icon in the dock but when I touch the emaoil button all I can see on the screen is the email attachment.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try tapping the center of the iPad screen (while in the Mail app). Hopefully, you should then see a blue "Done" button appear in the upper left of the opened mail. Press that and you will be taken back to the inbox.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Apuaguila

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks Marilyn for your very simple solution in this thread. As easy a fix as it is, this problem had had me very frustrated for the last 24 hours. Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad I could help. I can just imagine your frustration... :)

And, welcome to the forum. It's good to "see" you and we hope you enjoy your visits.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts