What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnetic case???

jobacardi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone can help me.. I have had my iPad2 since last April. But I have noticed it's become magnetic.. It's the original case that's magnetic. I have a plastic cover on it but it's still magnetic. I don't use it anywhere near anything electrical and when it's on chRge it's on the arm of the sofa... There is no way anything electrical is causin this issue but I'm dumbfounded as to what could cause this.. Any help would be appreciated.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this is an obvious question but is it a Smart Cover? If so that's what's it's designed to do. Along with offering the basic protection, it uses magnets inside the cover to turn the iPad on and off when you close it.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jobacardi said:
Wonder if anyone can help me.. I have had my iPad2 since last April. But I have noticed it's become magnetic.. It's the original case that's magnetic. I have a plastic cover on it but it's still magnetic. I don't use it anywhere near anything electrical and when it's on chRge it's on the arm of the sofa... There is no way anything electrical is causin this issue but I'm dumbfounded as to what could cause this.. Any help would be appreciated.

LOL did you not read up on your device prior to purchase? There are magnets built in, for the smart cover.

OP
jobacardi

jobacardi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No.. It's a plastic case...and its only on the back... I understand the use of the magnets but where the case is exposed it attracts my nail file... The plastic cover doesnt cover the whole of the back.. I just wondered if that's normal.. Because I'm not using a magnetic case.. Thank you for your help thou... I do appreciate it..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Magnets work through plastic. Any lessing of magnetic strength caused by plastic is only because it keeps the objects further apart.

Most reactions

Latest posts