What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lost ipad3

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
how can i locate or trace my lost ipad3, by his serial number.

thanks.

rolly

The easiest way to trace your lost iPad is the find my iPhone app, if you downloaded it and it was turned on when your iPad was lost. If that's the case, log into the app and the GPS or WiFi location of your iPad will be shown on map. If you don't have find my iPad, all you can do is report the lost iPad to the police and Apple and hope that it's found and turned in.

Last edited:

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
all you can do is report theists to the police
Dang those theists and their beliefs anyway. Can't trust them for a second!
biggrin.png

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The B-theists are the worst, those A-theists, you can't get them to believe much...

Depends how much whisky you feed them, but this is probably not the right thread for this discussion. Could I perhaps ask that the thread be returned to the OP so that his question can be given due consideration? Not that I have any answers beyond that already given by scifan.

Dagwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting, but if your iPad is turned off or the battery runs out how do you track it? I'm assuming the thief,if it is stolen, is going to be trying to get through your 4 digit password until they give up or are arrested.
If you haven't used password protection he, or she, could just turn it off couldn't they?
Not knowing anything about this at all I assume you have to beg,borrow,or steal someone else's iPad or iPhone to track down the perp?
Dagwood

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting, but if your iPad is turned off or the battery runs out how do you track it? I'm assuming the thief,if it is stolen, is going to be trying to get through your 4 digit password until they give up or are arrested.
If you haven't used password protection he, or she, could just turn it off couldn't they?
Not knowing anything about this at all I assume you have to beg,borrow,or steal someone else's iPad or iPhone to track down the perp?
Dagwood

Here's "Find my iPhone" at work a few minutes ago. Devices have to be turned on, connected to a network and sharing the same AppleID.

My MBP is asleep, so it doesn't show up.

image-2990706373.jpg

Dagwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the trouble to show that. I guess that answers the doubts I had as to its effectiveness ie it won't show if not turned on or connected to the Internet or if the person who "finds" it turns it off. Also once the battery is flat it would not show so one is going to have to find it ASAP.
Dagwood

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The assumption here is that the OP had set a password. Many do not.

As to having to use another Mac device, absolutely untrue. Just dial up icloud.com on any computer. It will show up if it is turned on regardless of any other circumstances. The battery will last for weeks if the device is locked. If it was unlocked, kiss it goodbye. "Find my iPhone" is very useful allowing remote "pinging", sending a message to it or if in dire straits, wiping it out completely.

Most reactions

Latest posts