What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Losing connection to Airprint printer through Wireless Access Point

kmfdm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

iPad 2 with latest iOS version
Main Router: NETGEAR WNDR3700v2
Wireless Access Point: Belkin N150
Printer: HP M1212nf Laser printer

When I walk downstairs and the iPad2 connects to the Belkin WAP, I lose connection to the Printer every single time. If I restart the iPad it will connect, but then it loses the printer connection again when I walk upstairs and connect to the main NETGEAR router.

Is tit a common issue to lose connection to the Airprint printer when moving between a wireless router and a WAP?

Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks...

rubysomerville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If that doesn't work I would recommend an HP 1525nw AirPrint enabled color laser( about $250). I have worked with it.Try it.

OP
K

kmfdm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you signed up for this site...to tell me to buy a new printer?

nice work, bro.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
you signed up for this site...to tell me to buy a new printer?

nice work, bro.

I think they were just passing on their own current configuration - not trying to be funny. I do hope you haven't frightened them off the forum with your rather sharp comment !

Have you done a search in this forum for Airprint ? There seem to be several threads on this subject which may prove helpful t you.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts