What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for suggestions for a simple but functional project/task tracking app

JadeComputerGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I'm a bit overwhelmed by my research and can't find anything that fits what I need to do, though I know it's out there. I've found things that look somewhat promising but I'm hoping to narrow my scope so I can avoid trying, and potentially paying for, apps that aren't what I need.

I'm always involved in multiple projects at work that require multiple steps/tasks, and I need a way to keep track of them that will allow me to list my projects, put in some high-level and lower-level tasks, track which tasks are done, track why a task isn't done (i.e., what's holding it up), and set reminders for when to follow up on things I'm waiting for like when I can't do a certain thing because I'm waiting for something from a coworker. (The latter happens a lot.) This would be only for me, not to track what my team is doing or to collaborate with them. Right now, I'm trying to track all this in multiple places. I put where I am with something on a spreadsheet, then put to-do or reminder entries on my calendar, then have to refer to my e-mail to show that I asked someone for something and they haven't responded, and it has become an impossible situation working on so many different things. I'm trying to find a way to keep up with where I am now, where I was at each point in the past and why, and be notified each day if there's something I need to do that day for a specific project/task.

I'm very grateful for any suggestions even if I have to pay a bit of money to look at a few promising ones. Thanks so much in advance.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there-I don't have an answer for you, but others may.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Layth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was on the same boat, where I was looking for an app to manage my to-do lists across multiple projects. I tried various to-do apps and ended up settling on Pocket Informant HD. You can set up multiple projects, use tags and has a convenient feature that allows you to make templates, and you can even add notes to any of your tasks. I find the interface easy to use but at the same time it has a lot of features to help you get organized.

I hope that helps.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are after but I'd maybe check out "errands". Theirs a free version to see if will do what your asking and it gets good reviews.

OP
J

JadeComputerGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was on the same boat, where I was looking for an app to manage my to-do lists across multiple projects. I tried various to-do apps and ended up settling on Pocket Informant HD. You can set up multiple projects, use tags and has a convenient feature that allows you to make templates, and you can even add notes to any of your tasks. I find the interface easy to use but at the same time it has a lot of features to help you get organized.

I hope that helps.

Thank you! I'll take a look at that!

Most reactions

Latest posts