What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For Multiple Charging Cable For Lightning

LTCSZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi: Does anyone know of a cable that would have the usual USB plug on one end and two Apple Lightning male plugs on the other end that could be used to charge two devices at one time? I have looked all over and cannot find one...For iPad Air 2...Any advice appreciated!

Steve

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi: Does anyone know of a cable that would have the usual USB plug on one end and two Apple Lightning male plugs on the other end that could be used to charge two devices at one time? I have looked all over and cannot find one...For iPad Air 2...Any advice appreciated!

Hi Steve - my choice while 'on the road' to charge multiple devices is an AC wall charger w/ multiple USB ports (I have an Igo 2-port charger) w/ each port putting our 2+ amps of current - the standard Apple chargers for the larger iPads use 10 or 12 watts of power, i.e. 5 V x 2+ A - I know that means multiple charging cables.

Now as to your question, I've not come across a USB cable that splits into two 'lightning' adapters (now, not saying that one does not exist?), BUT keep in mind that the USB port would have to carry enough current to charge those two iDevices, so theirs the rub.

The only cables that I own w/ multiple adapters are shown below, which I mainly carry in my car (which has a USB port under the dash) - we use these to charge my wife's iPhone, my old 30-pin adapter iPod (used as a music player only), and her storage battery which uses a micro USB adapter - not sure that we've ever attached more than one device to these multi-purpose cables and also not certain what the output of my car's USB port might be?

I'm sure you've done a lot of googling, but I suggest searching on Amazon - a LOT of cables and chargers are offered, but more importantly the question replies, comments, and reviews have been quite helpful to me for these products because there are a LOT of duds (and some potentially dangerous) - good luck and let us know what you find - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 11.47.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 11.49.49 AM.png

Last edited:

Most reactions