What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Ipad charging cable 6ft

Sshewa1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am looking for an charging cable round 6 ft for my iPad 2. I know that the cable has to be rated at 2.1 Amps to charge the iPad. Does anyone know where I can find a good one? Looked on amazon and some reviews were negative stating the cable was just cheap quality n didn't work. Looking on eBay but don't wanna buy one that won't work. Anyone buy one on eBay and can tell me the seller name or any other site/ place that sells one?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am looking for an charging cable round 6 ft for my iPad 2. I know that the cable has to be rated at 2.1 Amps to charge the iPad. Does anyone know where I can find a good one? Looked on amazon and some reviews were negative stating the cable was just cheap quality n didn't work. Looking on eBay but don't wanna buy one that won't work. Anyone buy one on eBay and can tell me the seller name or any other site/ place that sells one?

I'm not answering your question here but really asking a follow-up question!! Could you use a standard USB extension cable to simply extend the length of the iPad charging/interface cable?

Tim
Scotland

OP
S

Sshewa1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I'm not answering your question here but really asking a follow-up question!! Could you use a standard USB extension cable to simply extend the length of the iPad charging/interface cable?

Tim
Scotland

Hmmm never thought of doing that. I guess it should work as long as the USB cable is of good quality n can carry the required amps. Let's see if no one knows of a 6th cable I'll try that.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a 10ft. USB extension cable to charge my iPhone 4 and it works ok. But when I plugged my iPad 2 in to it, it take a lot longer to charge than just using the regular charger and cable without the extension. But this might just be the quality of my extension cable as I got it off Amazon for like $5.

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wal-mart had a 10 footer for the iPad 2.1 amps made by griffen. They price matched using shop n scan for $24.88

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

greygoose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave my mom a 6ft extension USB cable to make her charger go farther. But you could always get a regular electric extension cable.
FEL99595_1_1.JPG

54351.jpg

Monoprice always has the best prices $1-$2 for the cables. I always load up on cables when I order. Extra apple cables, HDMI, etc.

USB Cables

Last edited:

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave my mom a 6ft extension USB cable to make her charger go farther. But you could always get a regular electric extension cable.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10303
Monoprice always has the best prices $1-$2 for the cables. I always load up on cables when I order. Extra apple cables, HDMI, etc.

Are they quality. I hate paying cheap prices for cheap products. I want to pay cheap prices for GREAT QUALITY PRODUCTS. I have bought cheap ones that short out after two weeks. I'm on the go. I need sustainability.

greygoose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know its not cheap and flimsy. Its a popular site people buy from. I never had any problems with any of the stuff I bought from them.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a cheap 6ft usb extender that I use for iphone to charge, I have used it with the ipad charger and it works fine, but I got tired of sharing it between them and got the ipad 10ft plug from walmart for $29, was the best purchase I made.

Fenriq007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the griffin 3m cable it's awesome one of the best accessories so far

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ThePhotog said:
Wal-mart had a 10 footer for the iPad 2.1 amps made by griffen. They price matched using shop n scan for $24.88

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Just picked up the Griffin cable at Walmart. It does seem nice and I like the quality. I like quite a few of Griffin's products.

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Buy a USB extension, that's what I am using.. Cheap solution;)

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim
Scotland

I tried that and for whatever reason, it didn't seem to work for me.

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AJsAWiz said:
I tried that and for whatever reason, it didn't seem to work for me.

I boought one from a
Amazon, their brand I think for $4 or so works like charm:)

Most reactions

Latest posts