What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30 Pin to Lightning Adapter

dmarrione

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad2, Wi-Fi and Cellular. Mainly use the iPad nowadays, when traveling, for GPS navigation function. Because it has always been kept in a case of some sort, it is basically in mint condition, so I tend to keep it rather than go trade it in for a later model. With that being said, here is my question:

Question: Does anyone know of a website that sells 30 PIN to LIGHTNING ADAPTERS ? I am searching for the type of adapter where there would be a 30 male connection on one side (that plugs into the iPad2) and the other side of the adapter would have a female lightning port (where I could plug my lightning cable into and plug that cord into the USB port in the car.

Basically I am looking to connect an older iPad (via an adapter) to a lightning cable.
This would allow me to stop having to carry two types of charging cables. I've check with Best Buy, Apple Store, etc, and they only seem to have the Lightning to 30 pin adapter, as described below.

There are many who sell Lightning to 30 pin connections, whereby you connect your lightning pin to your device, and then plug your 30 pin cord into the other side of the adapter, but I am looking for the opposite type of set-up?

Because I have having such a hard time finding such an adapter, maybe it doesn't even exists, so I figure I'd post the question here, and see if anyone on the forum had seen or heard of anything like this.

Thanks, in advance, to one and all for your help.
Dave M

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple doesn't have such an adapter but there are third party adapters being sold in places such as eBay.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Dave - I assume that you are looking for the type of adapter shown below? Just google 'iPad 30 pin to lightning adapter' (which you probably have already done) and click on 'Images' - follow the pics - also look on Amazon and read the reviews closely - the non-Apple devices do not always work properly. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 6.40.30 PM.png

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've found that many of the Amazon "reviews" for the non-Apple cords do not appear to accurately report on the product. I can send you 2 or 3 different iPad to lighting adapters that don't work. I gave up on the adapters. You might have luck if you stick with known companies such as Belkin. The cords I have from them function correctly so if they have an adapter it may as well.

OP
D

dmarrione

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all who have replied. You guys have been a huge help,. I have fallen "victim" to those 3rd party adapters more than once, so -Yes-I'm more cautious now. But I will check out eBay and Amazon again. Again, thank you guys for responding!

Most reactions

Latest posts